Chapter 38: [AEA Test Part II: Cliffhanger]

⚜| 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟹𝟾 |⚜

⚜| 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟹𝟾 |⚜

"AEA Test Part II: Cliffhanger"

WAYE

"What will you do with these guys?" I asked Leon.

"They're part of the deal," he answered. He crossed his arms and looked at his phone. "She'll be here soon. You guys wanna watch?"

"I can stay for a moment," I said, getting curious about his plan.

Leon told us that one of his targets knew some information about our target, Number 11. Dahil kami na lang talaga ni Cherry ang wala pang nakukuhang matinong impormasyon tungkol sa mga targets namin, pumayag ako sa request ni Leon. In exchange for the information about Number 11, he asked us to bring some guys. It was easy to do since I have the list of students in Dashacad, and knocking them out was a piece of cake. It's just a matter of influence and how that influence brings fear and make other people obey you.

"He's watching, right?" mahinang tanong ni Cherry sa tabi ko, nakikiramdam sa paligid.

I kept my face straight and nodded. "I bet, he is."

"Let's entertain him, shall we?" ani Leon at ngumisi. Ipinakita niya ang isang text, mukhang mula sa target niya.

Right after that, we felt someone's presence behind us. I'm certain, I don't know her face, but what I'm sure of is that she's Leon's target. He's right. She looked really different from the handout that Mr. Dark gave us.

Leon gestured the unconscious guys to her and the woman shifted her gaze to them. I noticed how her fists clenched and trembled upon walking to where the guys were.

"Sarah Aragon... that used to be my name," the woman uttered. She stopped in front of the guys and brought out a knife. Sinipa niya ang natutulog na lalaki ngunit hindi ito gumising. "Did you kill them?"

"No," Leon answered. "They were yours, after all, so, why would I do that?"

Leon grabbed the bucket beside him and went to the guys. He splashed some water on them and those dudes were awakened. They were confused at first, looking around, until they saw me and Cherry.

"W-waye, ano 'to?" tanong no'ng isa.

Sinubukan nilang gumalaw pero itinali namin ang mga kamay nila sa likod. Nagkibit-balikat lang ako bago ko inginuso ang babaeng nakatayo sa harapan nila. Kunot-noo nila itong tiningala, nagtataka sa nangyayari ngayon.

"Naaalala niyo ba kung sino ako?" tanong nito.

"Sino ka ba?" singhal ng isa pang lalaki bago muling bumaling sa amin. "Ano ba, Waye, wala kaming ginawang masama sa inyo! Pakawalan mo kami!"