Chapter 20: [The Red Mist]

⚜| 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟸𝟶 |⚜

⚜| 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟸𝟶 |⚜

"The Red Mist"

RAGE

"Who are these two? We don't allow outsiders inside." Tumingin sa aming dalawa ni Nix ang isang armadong lalaking may suot na pulang maskara.

"You will lose your life if you keep asking nonsense," tanging sagot lang ni Nirvana. "You're new here, aren't you?"

Tumango ang lalaki. "I'm sorry, I'm just doing my job. If you tell me who these two guys are, I will let---"

"You don't tell me what to do. Let us in. This is my last warning," Nirvana didn't budge.

Just who the hell is this girl? For her to act mighty in front of this fucking association, I don't know if I should believe Mr. Dark's findings about her anymore. A mere assassin won't have the audacity to act like this. If she can look down on people as what she's doing right now, she's probably someone who's befitting to show her superiority.

Aalma pa sana 'yong lalaki nang biglang humawak 'to sa may tenga niya. May pinakikinggan siyang kung ano ro'n bago tumingin kay Nirvana.

"Yes, I understand," aniya at biglang tumungo kay Nirvana. "I'm sorry for doubting you. He's waiting for you inside. I'll escort you."

Just like that, he scanned some kind of card on the security device placed on the door. Magalang kaming inanyayahan ng lalaki papasok ng orphanage at nanguna naman si Nirvana kaya sumunod kami sa kaniya. At first, it was a simple, abandoned orphanage. Everything is normal until we reached the end of the hallway. There was a secured, really secured, door once again. This time, Nirvana scanned her fingerprint and we heard a sound before it opened.

I saw another hallway. It was really white, empty and silent. Pumasok na kami ro'n habang 'yong lalaki naman ay tumungo lang sa pagsara ulit no'ng pinto, hindi na sumunod. I don't know what lies beyond this path but I'm certain it's something that should be kept hidden. The securities were everywhere, like this place doesn't accept anyone. Outsiders, to be exact.

I only heard this from my parents once. "He, who cannot be seen," it's the association that no one should know about anymore. It's already destroyed as their operations pose a threat to all assassins - "It, that cannot be found."

I grabbed Nirvana's arm and looked at her ring. Tumigil muna kaming tatlo sa paglalakad bago kunot-noo kong sinuri ang simbolo no'n. All I saw was a dark circle and nothing more. Agad niya 'yong binawi at walang-emosyong tumingin sa akin. This was the ring she had showed to the guard earlier. Upon seeing that, the guard already knew that she can enter the orphanage. What's with that ring?