Chapter 19: [Ellipsis]

⚜| 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟷𝟿 |⚜

⚜| 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟷𝟿 |⚜

"Ellipsis"

SARIAH

I have been lying to myself all this time. I fooled myself by trying to ignore everything that's happened in the past. Her shadow that's always behind me, haunting me, following me, I tried to escape that by blinding myself with a new light. With Nirvana's presence. Because up until now, I'm still longing. I'm still longing for her to come back. I want her to come back. But that wish is just a fool's wish. Noelle will never come back. She can't return anymore. Maybe, that's the reason why I kept fooling myself. Because that's the truth I couldn't accept.

Nakatingin ako sa liwanag na mula sa nakabukas na pinto ng rooftop. Sa kada hakbang ko para makamtan 'yon, binubuo ko ang lakas ng loob sa sarili ko para harapin ang katotohanang ayaw kong tanggapin. After thinking about it, I knew the truth all along. It's everywhere. I just found someone who can make an illusion to keep me away from facing the reality. But now, I want to wake up.

"Nirvana," I called her.

When she turned around, the way her eyes looked at me felt like a deja vu. This is why I liked her since the very beginning. That time when we first met in the parking lot, it felt like I was looking at Noelle. Like she has returned to my side. Her familiar presence fill the void inside me. I was actually happy about it. I was contented.

Until... Nirvana, herself, woke me up from my hopeless dream.

"Can we talk?" tanong ko sa kaniya.

She crossed her arms and leaned on the grills. Since her action was like a permission for me to talk, I went to her with a nervous heart. She's staring at me while I'm still gathering my strength to speak which is so unusual. She seemed to be in the mood to listen. What a chance.

"Act normal. You're looking weird," she said.

"You're the one who's weird today." I chuckled. My my, I really missed talking to her.

I asked Cherry and Chandria to leave us alone today. They immediately agreed since they're also planning to talk to Nirvana after I'm finished. They also felt guilty for the same reason and wanted to apologize for that thing. Maybe, all of us should.

"I'm sorry," I uttered, staring at her.

Her face didn't show any reaction and was just silent, still listening to what I have to say. She's really in the mood to hear people out, huh? Okay, here it goes.