Chapter 35: [The Declaration]

⚜| 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟹𝟻 |⚜

⚜| 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟹𝟻 |⚜

"The Declaration"

VOID

Seryoso kong tinititigan ang mga nakabendang braso at kamay ni Rage habang isinusuot niya ang uniform namin. He was fixing his tie when I heard his sigh, probably, getting irritated with my presence.

"Cut it out, Void. I don't have the energy to talk right now," aniya.

"It's not my place to question you, but why did you do that?"  I asked.

He didn't respond to that and just continued preparing for school, as if I no longer exist in this fucking room. Right. The reason why I went here early in the morning was all because of what he said to me last night. He seemed lost in thought when he arrived here, holding the unconscious Nirvana in his arms. He immediately brought her to her room and asked Ms. Dynamite to take care of her. The girls were all distracted by Nirvana's situation and only the guys noticed that weird yet familiar feeling in Rage's silence. He was so fucking quiet the whole time. We're looking forward to hear his story but he's completely shut while his injuries are being treated. No one had the courage to break that silence in the end.

Bago siya lumabas ng kwarto, tumigil siya sa gilid ko. Nanatili akong naghihintay sa sasabihin niya at tumagal 'yon nang ilang saglit.

"I regret it..." mahinang sabi nito, sakto lang para makinig ko. "But at the same time, I felt relieved. It's weird." Nakatuon lamang ang atensyon niya sa harapan, hindi ako makayanang tingnan. "I gave her Noelle's position..."

Gulat ko itong tiningnan dahil narinig ko 'yon mula sa kaniya. I was waiting for an explanation but he ignored me and left the room before anyone else suspects anything.

"You're confusing me, Rage. One time you said you won't let anyone take that position. You even swore, remember? What the hell happened last night?" I asked.

"Is she awake now?" he asked, ignoring my question once again.

"She's eating breakfast with the kids," nakabusangot kong sagot. "Why are you changing the topic?"

Matapos niyang ayusin ang sarili, tiningnan niya ako nang seryoso. "Let's talk about it some other time."

And just like that, the conversation was dismissed. When we got to the dining area, Nirvana already left. We just ate breakfast and went to the academy afterwards. We're silent in the car and it's creeping me up.

"Totoo?! Alis nga, patingin ako!"
"Come here! It's interesting!"
"For real?!"
"Big news, everyone!"

'Yon ang bumungad sa amin pagkapasok namin sa academy. Everybody is standing in front of the bulletin board and Sariah went there to find out what it is. The other guys were also curious but when I looked at Rage, he didn't care.