Chapter 40: [AEA Test Part IV: Deceived]

⚜| 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟺𝟶 |⚜

⚜| 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟺𝟶 |⚜

"AEA Test Part IV: Deceived"

RAGE

"Hey, I'm just wondering. Do you have something going on with that Nirvana?" she asked.

I only looked at her, uninterested.

Umikot-ikot siya sa akin habang sinusuri ako. By the way, she suddenly showed up in front of me. This girl in pigtails. She's Number 4, one of our targets. Nirvana got her information but what's with her question? Did Nirvana already meet this one?

She played with her hair, thinking.

"What do you need?" napapagod kong tanong. I already knew she knows about our goal. Bakit siya pa ang lumalapit sa amin ngayon?

"Nothing. I'm just making sure that you're good to go," she said. "Well, tsaka ko na aalamin."

Nilagpasan ko na siya pagkatapos no'n. I don't know what she's planning but I have to maintain my cool. That's Nirvana's instructions, after all, and I don't know why she told me that. She just wants me to act normally, like there's no test at all.

"If you're free, I'll come for you. But if you're not, I'll stay away. He'll kill me if I intervene, after all," she said and touched her lips.

Napatigil ako sa paglalakad at nilingon siya. She's just smirking at me right now. Dahil hindi ko naman alam ang sinasabi niya, ipinagpatuloy ko na ang pag-alis ko. But...

To think that one of our targets really showed up...

Flashback.

We're not facing each other but we're currently lying on the same bed. I don't know why she needs company right now but I don't have any complaints about that at all. It's weird. But this, having her beside me... I feel so calm.

"Are you still taking them?" she suddenly asked. I guess, she still couldn't sleep.

She's talking about the diluted antidote. After what happened to me during the incident involving IT, I regularly take them just to be sure and because it was also her suggestion. She asked someone to prepare the diluted version since we can't do that kind of physical contact over and over again. Right now, all of us are continued undergoing mithridatism as we deemed it necessary.

"Hmm," I responded and went silent for a while. "I forgot to take them today," mahina kong sambit bago bumangon.

Napatingin ako sa gilid ko nang bigla na lang siyang humarap sa akin. Hinawakan niya ang kuwelyo ng damit ko bago dahan-dahan ding bumangon. Right after that, I felt the distance between us getting closer and closer while she's gently pulling me towards her.

"You're troublesome. You shouldn't forget about that," she said.

She stared at my lips and used her thumb to slightly open my mouth. I was about to ask what she's doing but she suddenly sealed my lips with a kiss. No, it wasn't just a normal kiss. Our tongues were involved, just like what she did when she handed over the antidote to me back then. I was caught off guard.