Chapter 36: [AEA Meeting]

⚜| 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟹𝟼 |⚜

⚜| 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟹𝟼 |⚜

"Anti-Exorbitance Association Meeting"

NIRVANA

"Isn't it dangerous to send Manang Ilda here? What if Mr. Dark finds out?" I asked.

"Don't worry about that, hindi niya malalaman," she said. "Aren't you happy to see her? It was your reward for your accomplishment."

"I appreciate it. Thank you," I said.

Even if it's just for a short time, I was able to breathe. It was all because of Manang Ilda's presence that I slept well. It's been so long since we had a talk and she's right on time. I was able to tell her my concerns. I didn't have to hide everything because she knows my identity.

"Now that I'm one of Spade's corps d'elite, what's your next order?" tanong ko.

"If I tell you to kill the son of the Axford family, will you do it?" she asked.

Hindi ko alam kung bakit nag-alinlangan akong sumagot. I've been wondering why I have to enter the Spade organization and become their corps d'elite. I had that in mind... killing one of them. That's why I don't want them to trust me.

"If that's an order, I must obey," malamig kong sagot.

She laughed. "It took you 4 seconds to answer. Why did you hesitate?"

"You're the one who taught me not to put our family in danger. I was just thinking if his assassination will affect us. The Axford family is one of the higher-ups, not to mention, they're the most powerful. It's normal to say that no one has the guts to lay a finger on their family members. We'll just attract their attention if we decided to harm one of them," I reasoned out with a hint of truth.

She scoffed. "Sharp as usual."

"But if I'm the one who's going to kill him, you don't have to worry. If things get out of hand, I'll cut my tongue and die quietly," I said. "Shall I kill him then?"

She went silent after that and I'm quite concerned about this if it's going to be an order. I doubted myself if I have the will to kill him. Weird.

"No..." she said and I felt a little relieved. "I was just testing you, Nirvana. I thought, you're becoming soft but it seems... you're still as ruthless as before." She chuckled. "Anyways, I don't have any plans to kill the children of the higher-ups. It's like a suicide, obviously."

"Then, about my next order... What will it be?"

"Who knows, my daughter? I'm still thinking," she answered.

It really doesn't make any sense. What are they up to? Out of blue, they made me a student here in Dashacad, not knowing their reason. They told me to stay in the White Mansion. They wanted me to become Spade's corps d'elite afterwards. Ano bang gusto nilang gawin ko rito? I was doing alright, doing all of those missions back then. But becoming a student here in Dashacad... I don't know what I have to do. This place is becoming more and more of a torture for me and I don't know if it's all just a coincidence.