Other Information (Alina)

Name: Alina Petrova

Main Alias: Ally Frank

Other Alias: Lina Lehnsherr

Nickname: Al (Damon) Lina. Love. Darling. (Kol)

Alina Petrova was born into a noble and wealthy Bulgarian family on June 5, 1473, alongside her younger twin sister, Katerina

Alina Petrova was born into a noble and wealthy Bulgarian family on June 5, 1473, alongside her younger twin sister, Katerina. In 1490, when she was about 16 or 17 years of age, Katerina became pregnant by an unknown man, a Traveler, and her family disowned her for the shameful birth of an illegitimate daughter. She carried the child to term, but seconds after her daughter's birth, Katerina's father took the child away and gave the child to another family, claiming it would be better for both of them to never see one another. Katerina was devastated by this and was banished to England, where she admitted to "quickly becoming English."

Not long after, Alina left home, hoping to go off in search of Katerina.

Instead of finding her sister, Alina met a vampire called Kol, who was instantly taken with Alina because of her resemblance to a young woman he had been infatuated with as a human, Astrid.

Kol originally intended on giving Alina to his brother Klaus who was looking for the doppelgängers to complete the ritual to break the curse, but Kol found himself unable to do so.

In 1492, Katerina met Trevor, who introduced her to Lord Elijah, who in turn introduced her to his younger brother, Lord Niklaus. Katerina was attracted to Klaus, until she found out what he was, and that he was planning on using her as a sacrifice to break the Hybrid Curse placed on him.

- Klaus also needed the heart of the psychic doppelgänger, which would have been Alina had Katherine not escaped when she had, meaning Klaus' need for Alina disappeared. 

Katerina escaped with the help of Trevor, who had fallen in love with her. He led her pursuers astray and told her to go east to a cottage in the woods where she would be safe. When she arrived at the cottage, Katerina met a vampire named Rose.

When Rose found out that Katerina had escaped from Klaus with the moonstone, she locked her in a room and told her that she would take her back to Klaus as soon as the opportunity arose, not wanting to suffer Klaus' wrath. Katerina tried to commit suicide by stabbing herself with a knife, saying she would rather die than go back to Klaus, but Rose force-fed her some of her blood to heal her. When Rose turned her back to confront Trevor, Katerina hung herself with a length of rope. Later, when Katerina woke up in transition, Trevor asked why she did it and claimed he would have helped her live. Katerina responds by saying that he would have been able to help her run and that running was never going to be enough.

At around the same time, across the world with Kol, Alina started having heart problems as it attempted to give in. Worried for a woman he had come to deeply care for, Kol turned her into a vampire, attempting to save her.

Kol managed to find a witch to enchant a daylight ring for Alina.

In 1702, now in Cadiz, Spain with Kol and going by the name Lina Lehnsherr, Alina finally meets Rebekah, Elijah, and Klaus Mikaelson. Kol and Alina had been spending the last 210 years enjoying one another's company and travelling, looking for witches and magic, Kol helping Alina research Chaos Magic.