Chapter One Hundred and Three

Damon takes a bottle of scotch from the cabinet and pours himself a drink. Picking up the glass he turns to look at Cassandra. She lays back on the table. Ally having talked him into letting her set up. He lets out a breath and moves across the room, opens the curtains and lets the sunlight shine upon his face, drinks some of his scotch and puts the glass down on a table. He returns to the window, takes off his ring and drops it on the floor. He opens his arms and his skin burns but Ally arrives and pushes him out of the sunlight. Pressing him up against the wall with her hand against his throat.

"What is wrong with you?" She snaps at him. "I told you how to bring her back...."

"Get off of me" Damon growls at her, attempting to push her off of him, but she's older and stronger than him.

"You're not doing this" She growls back and then throws him across the room, using her powers to close the curtains again. "Just...I need the witch, bring her to me"

"She won't help" Damon argues. "None of them will help" Ally rubs at her head and then vamp-speeds to him.

"There are loopholes" She starts, he leans up and looks at her. "For..." She motions to herself implying the psychic doppelgängers. "Good loopholes and bad loopholes. The twins are a powerful force. A magical force. They are always meant to survive together"

"Tell that to Cas" Damon argues. "Oh wait, you can't, because she's dead"

"Shut up and listen" She scolds. "It's a spell" She pulls the parchment from her pocket and unrolls it. "Kol found it, he would have used it to bring me back had the ritual occurred back then....but it didn't so..." She shrugs and holds it out to him, he takes it. "I kept it...we kept it. It's a powerful spell and it will work. Kol assured me...Bonnie can do this spell, it's simple...easy for her"

"What language is this?" Damon asks. Ally shrugs.

"No one knows" She answers. "But I translated it..." His eyes flicker to the curtain again, intent clear on his face. "If you try it, I will lock you up downstairs" Ally warns. "And I will do this myself"

"Why do you care if she lives?" He asks her.

"Because you are my friends and I know how much you're hurting" She answers. He glances down at the spell. The images he can make out. Those he understands. Looks pretty simple like she said. He sighs a little and looks back at Ally.

"Honestly thought you'd betray us" He mumbles as he pushes himself to his feet.

"I was tempted" She whispers sadly. "Truly tempted, he offered me the one thing I..." She clears her throat. "But I couldn't. It wasn't right. So he locked me up...."

"Guess neither of us got what we wanted" He whispers.

"I'm am offering you what you want" She touches his chest, stopping him when he goes to walk away. "Damon, you can have her back...you just got to trust me"

"She won't help me" He points out, meaning Bonnie. He doesn't believe she'll help him. Because she doesn't like him. None of them do. They've made that clear from the start. Ally holds out her hand.

"Give me your phone" He digs it out of his pocket and sets it into her hand. He then starts coughing and curls into his stomach. He coughs up some blood on his hand. He and Ally share a look. "Go take a nap" She offers and then waves his phone at her. "I'll deal with this" Damon glances at Cassandra. He doesn't want to leave her alone. "I'll look after her" Ally whispers sadly.

........

At the Old Witch House, Stefan and Bonnie are heading inside. Despite Damon's statement, Stefan is still going to try and save him. Because he knows Cassandra wouldn't want him to kill himself over this.