Chapter Thirty-Seven

At the Forbes Residence, Caroline is in her room, preparing for school. Damon's there, tapping his phone against his arms, folded against his chest. He's trying not to let his worry get in the way. He can't do anything until Stefan talks with Bonnie. He is the better choice there. Damon would have flipped out and threatened her or something that wouldn't have helped. He's struggling not to completely flip out as it is. He just has a feeling that she's in danger and that he needs to do something. Caroline turns to face Damon as she flicks her hair out the back of her jacket.

"So Sarah attacks Tyler and he pushed her away and she tripped and she fell and she hit her head" Caroline rambles a little. Damon lets out a breath and closes his eyes to calm himself down.

"Does Matt remember anything?" He asks and she shakes her head.

"Hmm, he thinks he blacked out but I think they were both compelled by Katherine. That's why I covered for Tyler and said it was an accident"

"Yeah, I don't understand that. The guy is a tool" Damon comments and Caroline shoots him a look. Of course Damon is going to think that when he's dating Tyler's ex-girlfriend.

"Gee, duh. Tyler getting blamed for Sarah death just opens up questions that he can't answer and do you really think that it's a good idea for him to tell his mom he's a werewolf?"

"Well, no" Damon agrees.

"And that werewolf road leads straight to Vampire Boulevard! I thought I was thinking fast on my feet"

"Where is your mom?" Damon counters as he looks around.

"Leading the search party for Aimee Bradley. They haven't found her body yet" Caroline informs him.

"Oh, teens today and their underage drinking. Tragic. Wait, did you see Tyler's eyes turn yellow?"

"They were more gold with amber highlights"

"Oh"

"Can he turn into a wolf now?" Caroline asks him.

"Only on a full moon but now he has increased strength and who knows what else. I wonder how much Mason told him. Does he know about us?" She doesn't answer. She's texting. "Hey! What did you tell him?"

"Nothing, really. I don't think he knows much of anything. He seemed really freaked out and honestly, I felt kind of bad for him" She leaves her room and goes toward the door. Damon follows after her.

"He's got to know something" He points out.

"Alright, I'll ask him." He rushes over her and grabs her by the collar.

"No, you won't, Caroline!" He scolds her. And yes, this anger he is displaying is not about her, which she gets, she knows that Elena and Cassandra are missing, they're all worried about them. But Bonnie is working on it. There is nothing any of them can do for now. "He cannot know about us. A bite from a werewolf can kill a vampire so don't be his friend! Do you understand me?"

"I understand. I'm late for school"

"Right. If you want to drop the hint to your mom, that Aimee's body is at the bottom of a ravine with a cracked spine. Might save your mom some time." Damon opens the door for her and she leaves, he lets out a breath and then follows after her.

.........

At the High School, Stefan is standing at his locker, his eyes travel the hall, going over the posters for Aimee Bradley on the walls to the front of Sarah's locker, where there are pictures and candles. Jeremy walks up to Stefan, joining him.

"Hey, Jeremy" Stefan greets as he closes his locker. "We..."

"Look, Elena's got to let me know if I'm supposed to cover for her" Jeremy interrupts him. "Jenna's cool with the two of you but you guys are pushing it" He argues.

"What?" Stefan asks, blinking slightly, he was ready to just jump straight in and tell Jeremy what they know. "What? No, it's not about that, look...we need to talk" Stefan walks away, Jeremy frowns but follows behind him.

..........

Cassandra blinks as she blinks awake, to find that she is somewhere dark. And rocking slightly. Like a vibration. She shifts her head and then cringes as it sends a sharp pain through her skull and just like that, she is reminded that someone hit her in the head.

"Cas" Elena is right there at her side, touching her shoulder and her arm. "You awake?" Cassandra groans a little.

"Hmmm yep" She answers and attempts to turn onto her back.

"Are we in a trunk?" Elena asks, Cassandra hums a little and fumbles with her hands but unlike Elena, they're tied behind her back. Whoever this is, knows that she needs her hands to use her powers. They've restrained her, which is smart on their part. She groans and shifts slightly. "You okay?" Elena asks her.

"Yeah, yeah, my shoulders ache, that's all" Cassandra answers and turns her head to look at her sister as best as she can in the dark trunk. "Are your hands restrained?"

"No" Elena whispers.

"Hit in the head?" Elena shakes her head. Cassandra lets out a breath and shakes her head. "Just me then....fantastic" She complains. "You been awake long?"

"No, just before you" Elena answers. "We're going to be okay, right?" She whispers, her voice breaking slightly. Cassandra manages to turn onto her side.

"We're going to be fine" Cassandra assures her. "You really think Stefan is going to let this go? He's going to find you...And if you don't mind, I think I'll tag along for that rescue" Elena chuckles a little and nods. "Okay? It'll be a few hours top and we'll be home in time for ice cream and strippers"

"Cas" Elena scolds teasingly.

"I think getting kidnapped warrants a stripper" Cassandra defends. "He has to be hot though, like fireman hot" Elena chuckles and rests her head back. She knows Cassandra is just doing what she can to keep Elena calm, get her chuckling so she doesn't focus on how bad this situation is. Which just makes her realise how bad it is. If Cassandra is scared.

...........

Damon scratches at his wrist as he walks his way towards his car. He frowns and looks down at his hands. There is no reason for him to be itchy there, but he is, there is a dull itchy ache there. He assumes that it's Cassandra. He also assumes this means she is likely restrained. That does nothing to help his already skyrocketing fear and concern. But he's going to find her. Even if it kills him.