Chapter Forty-Five

Katherine looks between the two girls. Cassandra hostility. Elena's curiosity. They're clearly after something. They wouldn't be here otherwise. Cassandra doesn't want to be here, that much is clear. Katherine knows she's not going to get her way with Cassandra, but Elena. That might be an easier target for her.

"Stefan know you're here?" Katherine asks Elena, already knowing the answer to that question. Of course, Stefan doesn't know, he would never allow them to do this alone or even at all.

"We brought you some things," Elena answers instead.

"You came to bribe me? What is it that you want?" Katherine asks the two of them.

"I want you to tell us about Klaus" Cassandra answers as she folds her arms over her chest.

"Hmm, you've been busy," Katherine tells them.

"I brought you this" Elena comments as takes an old book from the bag, the Petrova book. "It's your family history. It says in here that the family line ended with you. Obviously, that's not true" Elena points out.

"You think that if you brought me some family keepsake that I'd open up?" Katherine asks Elena.

"We also brought you this" Cassandra counters and takes a bottle of blood from the bag, she shows it to Katherine. Katherine rushes over towards Cassandra but she can't get out because of the spell. "Oh, right" Cassandra teases and smirks. " You don't look so good. How long before your body shuts down? 10, 20 years? It must be painful to desiccate and mummify. I can't even begin to imagine." Cassandra comments with a smirk. She is actually enjoying seeing Katherine like this. After everything that happened, she is enjoying this immensely. Katherine sits down on the floor. Cassandra puts some blood in a glass on the ground and pushes it towards her with a stick. Katherine takes the glass and drinks. Her skin regains some of its colour.

"You have the Petrova fire," Katherine tells Cassandra who gives her a look back.

"More blood?" She asks. Katherine puts the glass on the floor. Cassandra takes it.

"It's a long story, Klaus and I. It goes all the way back to England, 1492, after I left Bulgaria. Or was thrown out" Katherine explains, Cassandra gives Katherine more blood.

"Thrown out?" Elena asks.

"My family, your true ancestors, they disowned me" Katherine admits. "My indiscretions were not tolerated at that time. I had a baby out of wedlock. The shame"

"It was kept secret?" Elena continues.

"Mhmm. My baby was given away. I was banished to England and I had to learn to adjust. So I quickly became English. It was there that I caught the eye of a nobleman named Klaus. I was taken with him at first, till I found out what he was and what he wanted from me. And then I ran like hell"

"So, what did Klaus want?" Cassandra asks her.

"The same thing that he'll want from you two. He wants to break the curse"

"By sacrificing the Petrova doppelgängers" Cassandra points out, Katherine nods.

"He wanted to drain every single drop of blood from my body" She adds and gives the girls a look. Elena looks at Cassandra who keeps her face set, she's not giving anything away, not to Katherine. 

.........

Ally has made herself comfortable in the room she had formerly claimed as hers. It's just as she left it. Damon plops himself down on her bed and leans back onto his hands, watching her as she digs through a suitcase. He assumes she brought it with her. Whilst the girls are talking with Katherine, he thought he would talk with Ally. See if their stories line up. Plus he doesn't think Katherine is going to tell Elena and Cassandra the truth in any way, it's best to just go to a more reliable source. 

"How do I find Klaus?" He asks her, she glances at him over her shoulder and then goes back to the suitcase.

"You don't find Klaus, he finds you" She argues.

"Come on. Somebody's got to know somebody who knows where he is, right?" He asks her. She snorts a little and pulls out a black sweater from her case. She hums a little and holds it to her chest before scrunching up her nose and throwing it onto the bed. "Do you know where he is?"

"Damon, I was locked in a tomb for almost 150 years" She reminds him. "I have no idea where he is"

"And you've been out for months, you've made no contacts...." He counters. "You have no idea where he is? Who might know where he is?" Ally sighs and turns to face him, folding her arms over her chest.

"Why?" She asks. "Why are you looking for the hornet's nest?" He looks away from her. "Please tell me you are not thinking of doing anything stupid" She scolds him, Damon pulls a face and shrugs. "Damon, he's an Original, you are no match for him"

"So do you know anyone or not?" He asks her, she gives him a look and then lets out a breath. He's stubborn, she knows this. "Ally, if Cas is in danger, I need to fix it" He offers softer. She nods a little. Gets that feeling. She would have done anything for Kol when she had the chance. 

"A few months back I met a guy" She answers. "I thought he could help me find Kol...."

"Great, who is he?"

"Slater" She answers. "He lives in Richmond"

"Perfect. I'll drive" He tells her as he stands from the bed, she lets out a breath and shakes her head.

"Damon, Klaus already..." She stops and sighs. "I can't get involved," She tells him.

"You like Cas, right?" He asks her. "Want her to live?"

"Of course I do" She defends. "You know that I do" She sighs a little. It is kind of hers and Katherine's fault that this is falling on Elena and Cassandra. Because they weren't around to break the curse the last time around. Katherine ran and Ally was with Kol. She sighs and then nods. She can make up for it now, by protecting Cassandra.

"Good girl" Damon tells her. "Come on" She lets out a sigh and grabs her coat from the bed before she follows after him as he leaves.