Chapter Four

A/N - CAS' OUTFIT:

Cassandra leaves the hospital, she doesn't want to stick around here any longer. She's done with John. Wants nothing to do with him. She can protect herself. And Damon has proved that he knows how to do that too, and more than that, that he is willing to do it, but also knows just how capable she is herself. She pulls her phone from her pocket when it rings and picks it up. Setting it against her ear as she digs around for her car keys.

"Yep?" She answers.

"How did it go?" Damon asks. She smiles and nods.

"Hmm about as well as you said it would" She answers as she walks towards her bug. "He said it was to protect me" She mocks. "I'll give him a necklace and see if it protects him when I punch him in the face" She can hear him smirking. "Where are you now?" She asks.

"I'm at the memorial" He admits, she hums and then rolls her eyes.

"I totally forgot about that" She runs her fingers through her hair. "Urgh, suppose I have to show my face..."

"Well, I know I had no choice" Damon counters. "Sheriff dragged me here" He complains. "Hurry up and get here so there is at least one person here I actually like"

"I don't know" She whispers. "It might be weird...I just...haven't spoken to Tyler since I slapped him..." She admits. "So going to his dead Dad's memorial might be a bit weird" She opens her car door and climbs in.

"Screw him" Damon counters. "It's a town thing not a douchebag ex thing...I'll be your Lockwood shield, we'll drink the free booze and eat tiny sandwiches" She smiles to herself and hums. "Which they do have by the way....I've had like five already" He teases. "Get your butt here" He adds. "Before I eat them all"

..................

Cassandra pulls a face as she stares up at the house. She hasn't been here since that whole thing with Tyler. That event. She lets out a breath and pulls a face. She gets it. That it's for some dead guy and all that. But she never liked him to begin with. Unlike Carol, the Mayor never really liked her dating his son. Not that it matters now. Jenna touches her arm and Cassandra looks at her. Finds Elena and Jeremy with her.

"You okay?" Jenna asks, Cassandra nods. "And the head?"

"It's fine" Cassandra assures her. "I'm fine. Come on, let's get this over with" The four of them head up the path towards the huge house.

"Looks like the whole town has turned out" Jenna points out.

"Yeah. Well, he is...he was the mayor" Elena counters. Cassandra blows a breath out and pulls a face.

"And a huge dick" Cassandra reminds them, Jenna nods in agreement.

"Why don't they save it for the funeral?" Jeremy asks.