Chapter Fifty-Seven

Ally and Cassandra are in Ally's bedroom. Cassandra puts her in the bed and tucks her in. Ally groans and turns slightly onto her side to take the pressure off of her wound and her back. Cassandra hates seeing her like this. She looks terrible and it's hard for her not to believe she is going to die. She needs Ally. Ally is the only other person that understands her powers. The only one that understands her. Elena lingers in the doorway watching them.

"I hate this" Ally complains. "I'm a vampire, I haven't had a cold in five centuries" She then tries to get out of bed again.

"Just get in bed" Cassandra scolds her, pushing her back down. Ally pouts slightly and lets out a harsh breath.

"We don't get sick. When we die, it's fast and sudden and it's certainly not drawn out in illness"

"You're not gonna die" Cassandra argues. "Right, Elena?" She gives Elena a look. Elena nods a little.

"Right" Elena agrees.

"Bogovete, you two are terrible liars" Ally points out but has a slight smile, her native accent seemingly heightened with her illness. Perhaps a lack of concentration on maintaining an American one. Elena looks around Ally's room. "You've never been in my room before, have you?" Ally asks Elena who shakes her head. Elena takes a book and looks at it. It's Gone with the Wind. "Not what you expected?"

"It's just a room with a bed. Maybe I expected there to be silk sheets" Elena lightly teases, Ally snorts and smiles. Cassandra moves to Elena.

"Watch her," Cassandra tells Elena who looks slightly panicked.

"What? Why? Where are you going?"

"I have to go to the bathroom, you can watch her for five minutes" Cassandra points out and then leaves Elena alone with Ally.

"I never thought it was a good idea to set up roots" Ally admits, Elena looks at her. "The whole idea of family is not exactly compatible with being a vampire or with being paired to an Original" Ally then looks at Elena. "Why are you so eager to give up?"

"I'm not giving up on anything" Elena argues and then picks up a glass of blood from the side. "Here" She moves to the bed.

"What do you call this whole deal with Elijah?" Ally asks her.

"I call it my best option" Elena answers, Ally snorts and shakes her head.

"It's your easiest option"

"That's not fair."

"Do you really think that your witch friend destroyed the moonstone?" Ally counters giving Elena a look.

"I spoke with Bonnie. I know that she had the help of another witch; unless you mean it's Elijah's witch, so no, I don't"

"You really are determined to die, aren't you?" Ally asks. "Determined to take your sister down with you?" Elena looks away from her. "You're not even trying." Ally closes her eyes. "I'm so tired" She starts to fall asleep. Elena lets out a breath and goes to leave. "No, stop, wait. Tell them to prepare the horses" Ally talks in her sleep.

"It's okay, Ally. Just get some sleep. You'll feel better when you wake up" Elena tells her.

"Kol, don't be so stupid" Suddenly Ally sits up. She's in pain. She cries out and curls an arm around her stomach. "I need more blood" She adds.

"Yeah, of course, here" Elena gives her the glass of blood. Ally drinks from it but throws everything up over the side of the bed instead. "It's okay, everything's gonna be alright" Elena rushes to Ally's bathroom to get a damp cloth. When Elena comes back, Ally's not there anymore but is revealed to be standing behind Elena, her eyes glowing, her vampire face on full display. When Elena turns around, Ally attacks her and pushes her hard against the wall, her fingers tight around Elena's throat.

"It's all your fault, Katerina. You. Katerina, you did this"

"It's Elena. Ally, Ally! I'm Elena!"

"You betrayed me!" Ally snarls in Elena face.

"I'm not Katherine!" Elena chokes out. Ally is then suddenly wrapped in a red mist before she is thrown from Elena to the floor. Cassandra stands in the doorway and lowers her hands slightly. Ally is on her knees on the floor, curling around her stomach with a groan. Cassandra steps between Elena and Ally. Whilst they are fighting, she is not going to let Elena die, they are still sisters at the end of the day. Ally lets out a breath and then looks up, she has come to her sense and her vampire face is disappearing. She shivers violently.

"Bogovete, Elena. I'm so sorry. I don't know what's happening to me. I'm sorry." Cassandra relaxes slightly and moves to Ally, helping her up to her feet.

"You're gonna be alright" Cassandra whispers.

"My mind, I'm..." Ally complains and leans into Cassandra's side.

"It was just for a second" Cassandra assures her as she helps Ally back into bed.

"I'm scared" Ally whispers.

"You're not alone" Elena offers as she joins Cassandra, the two of them sharing a look.

"We're right here" Cassandra adds.

"Here, where's here?"

"Your bedroom, you're in your bedroom at the Boarding house," Cassandra tells her.

"I want to go home" Ally admits, her voice breaking. Cassandra turns away as she gets upset herself. Elena takes over with Ally to give Cassandra a moment.

"Tell us about it," Elena asks her.

"A little village with no name" Ally whispers. "In Bulgaria...With trees and rives and horses." Her voice breaks as she closes her eyes.

"Sounds beautiful," Elena tells her.

"When you live long enough, everything disappears. So much time wasted" Ally starts to cry. "So much time without him" She curls in on herself.