Chapter Seventy-Seven

Cassandra joins Alaric and Elena in his empty classroom. It's bad news. Which seems to be the theme of the day. First Katherine. Now Alaric and Jenna, and John. She should have done more than just threatened him.

"It was bad" Alaric admits. "You know, John planted all these seeds about Isobel and now Jenna knows I'm lying about something"

"John's going to end up dead on the kitchen floor if he's not careful" Cassandra complains as she sits on the top of a desk. Elena hums in agreement.

"Yeah, well, easier said than done. I gave him back his ring so..." Alaric shrugs a little. "Look, Jenna keeps asking about Isobel. You know, was she murdered? Why haven't they found the body? I mean, how much longer can she stay in the dark?"

"So tell her the truth," Cassandra tells him. "Which reminds me" She turns to Elena. "I think we should tell her everything. It's becoming more dangerous for her not to know" Elena nods in agreement.

"I just thought that we'd at least hold off until after we've dealt with Klaus" Elena admits.

"I know" Cassandra agrees. "But if things go wrong, she should know the truth.....she deserves that at least. For everything, she's done for us" Elena nods.

"Okay," Elena offers. "Let's do it...."

"Seriously?" Alaric asks, the two girls look at him surprised. "No, I mean, it's great but are you sure?" He looks at Cassandra. "With your powers? Both of your relationships with vampires?" Cassandra shrugs a little.

"If she hates us, she hates us, but at least it'll be based on the truth" She offers. "Are you okay with this?" She asks Alaric. He nods.

"Yeah, I hate lying to her..." He agrees.

"Well, at least we can all agree this is going to blow" Cassandra slides off the table, Elena and Alaric nod in agreement.

..........

Cassandra plugs her phone into the speakers set up in the kitchen as Bonnie, Elena and Caroline set out a bowl of snacks on the counter behind her. It's been a long time since they've done a real deep girl's night. With everything that's been going on, it's been tough to find the time or the right mindset to do it.

"Chinese food or pizza?" Caroline asks them.

"Like you have to ask" Elena answers with a smirk. To be fair, they literally order the same thing each and every single time they have girl's nights. Cassandra opens a can of soda and leans against the counter.

"I will get it" Caroline offers as she picks up her tablet computer and sees a picture of her with Matt. She pauses slightly.

"I'll do it" Bonnie offers softly and takes it from her.

"Do you believe that Jonas is being sincere?" Cassandra asks Bonnie.

"I don't know what to believe" Bonnie answers. "I think he's at a loss. He's not sure who to trust"

"I should have been there" Cassandra comments. "I could have gotten into his head"

"We were trying to get him to trust us" Bonnie argues. "Forcing it out of him wasn't going to help" Cassandra hums a little in agreement. She supposes that makes sense.

"Well, what are we going to do about this movie situation? What about "The Notebook"?" Caroline asks.

"Caroline, how many times have you seen that movie?" Elena counters.

"That is so not the point" Caroline argues as she goes through a pile of DVDs on the counter.

"Well, yeah, I mean..." Elena draws off when Jenna walks into the kitchen. "Hey"

"What's going on?" Jenna asks them.

"Girl's night" Cassandra answers as she digs around in the fridge for some soda.

"Oh"

"How are you doing?" Elena offers Jenna softly.

"You heard about my fight with Ric"

"He feels terrible"

"Is this some kind of disguised attempt to cheer me up?" Jenna then asks, looking around each of them. Elena looks at the girls.

"No. No, this is about us girls hanging out and you know, we'll be here if you happen to want to talk, or..."

"Because I am a winner when it comes to successful relationships" Caroline points out pathetically.

"You too?" Jenna inquires of Caroline who shrugs and then nods. 

"You have no idea"

"Okay, then"

"It's weird that the only one that has a fully functioning relationship here is Cassandra with Damon" Caroline points out.

"Hey" Cassandra scolds Caroline. "Just because none of you like him..."

"And what about me and Stefan?" Elena argues, they all give her a look.

"Elena, you two were so on and off again in the beginning that Ross and Rachel were jealous" Cassandra teases. Caroline smirks a little.

"You and Damon did have a fight once" Elena reminds her.

"Yeah, once, and it was a misunderstanding" Cassandra points out. "I thought you and he....you know...kissed"

"What?" Jenna asks.

"Turns out it was our evil psycho vampire ancestor" Cassandra comments. Jenna's eyes widen a little before she frowns. Of course she is confused. Cassandra just blurted out the impossible. They did agree to tell Jenna everything, though the how, when, and where never came up. Now feels like a good time. 

"Oh, we're doing this now?" Elena asks her when Jenna looks between them.

"Yeah, this is good, we're all here, there is wine, and urm....representation from almost everything....we don't have a werewolf but whatever.....Caroline, can you get Jenna some wine?" Caroline frowns but nods and goes about doing that. Cassandra moves closer to Jenna. "Jenna, there are some things we really need to talk about"

"What's going on?" Bonnie asks Elena.

"Cas wants to tell Jenna everything, so....that's what we're doing, right now apparently" Elena answers.

"And it's probably going to sound really weird" Cassandra sits Jenna down, the older woman looks rather confused. Caroline pours out a large glass of wine and sets it in front of Jenna. "But urm...bear with us, and try not to freak out until it's all out, because...there is a lot to go through and when it's over well go..." She blanks out on something fun for them to do.

"Dancing. There is a band at the Grill" Caroline offers.

"See? Perfect" Cassandra tells Jenna. "You love dancing"

"Cassie" Jenna stops her. "Please tell me what's going on, because you are being really weird" Cassandra nods and looks at Elena who sits down. The sisters share a look before they both turn to Jenna. Caroline and Bonnie watching close by as they tell her everything.