Chapter Sixty-Five

The morning sun is starting to shine in through the glazed bathroom window in the Boarding house where Damon is in his bathtub, taking a bubble bath with Cassandra

The morning sun is starting to shine in through the glazed bathroom window in the Boarding house where Damon is in his bathtub, taking a bubble bath with Cassandra. He kisses her on the cheek as she leans back against his chest. She's rather content to just stay here for the rest of time. The water is warm. Bubbles are bubbly. Damon is...attentive.

"I'm going to be late" She complains but makes no move to get out of the bath. It's peaceful. Quiet. Perfect. In here, they can forget about everything else going on in the world. All that stuff that is stacked against them, gone. She knows that coming over here first thing was a risk but she wanted to share her good news in person. Which had lead to the bubble bath because she had then panicked about the whole thing. Getting herself worked up. She's nervous. Not so much now. This bath is doing wonders. Damon nuzzles into her neck. She closes her eyes as he kisses her neck.

...........

Cassandra pulls on her jacket, something a little less red leather this time, as she makes her way down the stairs She wanted a softer look for her first day. So she has a varsity jacket to wear instead. Something light. She is also suddenly very nervous again. She checks her watch again, for the 100th time in the last few minutes. Damon follows behind her, carrying her bag.

"I'm going to be so late" She complains a little, almost tumbling down the stairs, Damon grabs her arm and gives her an amused look. She chuckles and takes her bag from him. "Thanks" She leans up and kisses him softly. He pulls her closer, wanting to deepen the kiss, but she can't, she doesn't have any more time left. She pulls back and he pouts at her. "I have to go" She scolds him weakly and then heads down the stairs, Damon follows after her with a small smile and a hop in his step. This is so domesticated for him. And he kind of likes it. At the bottom of the stairs, Cassandra looks at herself in a mirror and takes a deep breath. Damon cocks his head watching her with a small smile.

"You look great, stop fussing" He assures her.

"This skirt isn't too short?" She asks, smoothing down her skirt.

"No" He answers.

"You would say that" She mumbles with a smirk, he pulls a face and then nods in agreement as she turns to face him. She holds out her arms a little. "Sure this looks fine?" She asks him.

"It looks great" He corrects. Damon smiles, places his hands on either side of her head before he kisses her again. "Perfect." He whispers against her lips as he pulls back. Damon opens the front door for Cassandra. Alaric, not having knocked yet, stands on the front porch. "Have a great day, darling" Damon teases, Cassandra smirks up at Damon.

"You too, sweetheart" She teases back, he kisses her softly with a smirk. They pull apart and Cassandra walks out the front door, acknowledging Alaric. "Oh. Hey, Alaric" She greets. "Later" She waves and hurries to her yellow bug which she climbs into, setting her bag on the passenger seat before leaving. Damon waves goodbye to her. Alaric gives Damon a look as he enters the house.