Chapter One Hundred and Four

Damon is now locked in the dungeon cell in the basement, he tried to put up a fight but Ally just snapped his neck and hauled his ass down here. She's impatient. Because obviously the longer they leave this the harder the spell has to work, it should have been done within hours, now it's two days on and Cassandra's starting to smell. Damon rolls up his sleeve and looks at the werewolf bite. Alaric arrives at the cellar door window.

"Well, that looks bad" Alaric comments, Damon looks at him.

"It feels worse. My subconscious is haunting me, Ric. Please tell me you have something for that" Alaric holds up a bottle of scotch and then puts a glass and Damon's ring on the door window sill.

"Double-shot" He pours Damon more scotch.

"That's good" Damon comments as he gets up and takes his ring. "Oh good" He takes the glass. "So which one sent you?" He asks. "Brother or Ally?"

"Stefan...but I spoke with Ally on my way down" Alaric answers. "Stefan's just trying to help"

"He's doing what he always does, trying to right the wrongs of the past" Damon screams and bends forward in pain. "You should want me dead. I'm the reason Jenna got killed"

"I don't blame you for Jenna" Alaric stops him and then takes a drink from the bottle.

"Oh, sure you do. Let's not forget I turned your wife into a vampire. You must really hate me for that one"

"Okay, give me your glass. Neither one of us is drunk enough for this conversation" Damon gets closer and grabs Alaric's neck through the door window.

"Kill me" Damon pleads. "Please" His voice breaks.

"Screw you" Alaric injects vervain into Damon with a dart. He falls to the floor in pain.

"No" Damon complains and then lets out a breath. "Cas?"

"Cas' not here, Damon" Alaric corrects him sadly.

........

Ally rests Cassandra's body on Damon's bed. It'll feel better when she wakes up. Bonnie sets her bag down as she reads through the spell ingredients. Bonnie then stops when she reads something. Her eyes move to Ally.

"This..."

"I know" Ally stops her. "Does it matter?" Bonnie looks down at the spell and then closes her eyes.

"No" She answers.

"Good..." Ally offers. "About time you lot showed some interest in saving her" Bonnie snaps a glare at the vampire.

"I did everything I could" Bonnie argues, her voice breaking. Because she did. She didn't sleep, barely ate as she went through as many books as she could get her hands on looking for a way to save Cassandra. "I went through every book, every spell, there was nothing...I couldn't find anything" She then shakes the spell at Ally. "You had it" Ally raises an eyebrow at her. "Why didn't you give this to me months ago?"

"Because she never had to die" Ally reminds her. "You could have taken Klaus out all on your own, none of them had to die...."

"Elena went off-book" Bonnie counters. "That's not my fault"

"Yes, yes, I know all about who's fault it is" Ally comments. "Been there....done that. Died for it" She then motions to Cassandra. "And just like that....our lives line up" Ally lets out a breath and then nods. "I'll get the heart," She tells Bonnie. "You get the rest" Bonnie nods in agreement.

..........

Ally and Bonnie share a look outside of the boarding house before Bonnie moves to her car. Ally vamp speeds away.