Chapter Fifty-Eight

Later, Cassandra walks into Ally's bedroom with new sheets as Elena makes the twins something to eat. They need to keep their strength up as much as Ally does. Cassandra wanted to keep Ally comfortable by putting on fresh sheets to keep her clean. It's the least she can do here.

"I brought some clean sheets" Cassandra comments and then looks up from the sheets in her hands. Ally is not here. Cassandra leaves the room to search for her.

.......

Cassandra enters the library and calls Damon when she finds no sign of Ally anywhere. She lets out a nervous breath and sniffles slightly.

"It's Cas, I'm worried about Ally. I think you should come home" She admits and runs her fingers through her hair before leaving the room again and heading back upstairs to double-check.

.........

Elena is in the kitchen when she hears a noise from another room and goes towards it. She curls her fingers into her palm, trying to appear unbothered by how scared this is making her.

"Cas?" She asks and then frowns. "Ally?"

.........

Elena walks into the basement. She finds an empty blood bag and picks it up. She goes farther into the basement. She finds Ally drinking blood from a bag. There are a lot of emptied blood bags on the floor around her.

"Oh my god" Elena states, Ally snaps her gaze up and glowing red eyes land on Elena.

"Katerina"

"No" Elena argues, Ally makes a move to attack. Elena turns and does the smart thing....runs. She hurries up the stairs, praying that Ally's disorientation will be enough to slow her down. Elena hurries into the living room and turns slightly, looking for something, anything that she could use as a weapon. Ally stumbles into the room and glares across at Elena. " Ally, stop, stop, it's Elena. I'm not Katherine" Elena tries to point out, tries to get through to Ally. Ally stops and tilts her head, her powers coming to her hands. "No" Elena begs. "You're hallucinating. I'm not Katherine. I'm not Katherine" Elena begs. Ally grabs her and pushes her on the floor. Ally is then suddenly thrown from her again. Cassandra's powers wrapped around her. Ally hisses as she hits the ground but is up again, just as fast, and heading straight for Cassandra this time. Cassandra throws out her powers and Ally responds with her own.

"Find Damon!" Cassandra snaps at Elena who nods and hurries out of the house. Cassandra pushes with her powers as Ally does with her own. Cassandra slides back a little with the force of Ally's powers against hers. She knows Ally is stronger than her, this is no match here.

...........

Elena follows Damon back into the house as he hurries. The second he had seen Elena's face, he knew. He just knew that that feeling inside of himself wasn't him. That fear. It wasn't his. Cassandra is terrified right now. Because she is aware she can't beat Ally in a fight. Damon rushes into the living room and finds it in a complete state. Furniture. Books. pretty much anything that isn't held down is floating. There is a red vortex of mist around the two girls. Cassandra turns her head slightly to look at Damon who gives her a questioningly look back. She nods. She's okay. For now.

"Distract her," She tells him as she struggles against Ally's powers. "I need to get into her head" Damon nods and looks at Ally and the vortex around the two girls.

"Al, come on," Damon tells her, Ally's eyes shift to him. "This isn't you, okay? You're the good one....the crazy one sure but....you're good too..." Her eyes soften a little. "You think you can power down? We'll have some blood....take a nap" Ally's powers weaken and Cassandra makes her move, she twists her hand and blasts a hex at Ally, it hits her head and sinks in before the fog in her eyes seems to lift. She blinks and looks around the room, the mess of books and toppled over furniture.

"I'm sorry" She whispers. Damon moves to her and gives her a small smile. "I'm so sorry"

"It's okay" Damon assures her. But that fog is returning to her eyes. "Cas" He states, Cassandra is then behind Ally and has her hands held up by her head, weaving her powers into Ally's mind. Ally relaxes and falls into Damon's arms. Smiling to herself.

"Kol" She breaths out and then falls unconscious. Damon brushes her hair back from her face and looks up at Cassandra.

"I locked her in a memory" She offers. "With Kol, I thought...If she's gonna die..." Her lip quivers, he nods and gives her a grateful smile.

"I'm going to put her downstairs" Damon offers and looks down at Ally. "Just in case.....I'm going to sit with her till it's over"

"Do you need anything?" Cassandra asks him, he shakes his head and holds out his hand to her, Cassandra takes it.

"Thanks" He offers. "For not just....killing her" She squeezes his hand and then lets go. She looks at Elena.

...........

Ally wakes alone, still in pain, and now locked up in the boarding house cell dungeon thing they have going on. She's a little more lucid than before. She sits up, an arm around her stomach, but even this uses a lot of the energy she has left.

"Hi, there" She looks to the door to find Damon watching her.

"I'm sorry." She tells him, he nods and then glares at his side when Elena walks closer to him.

"You shouldn't be here." He scolds annoyed with her.

"I'm sorry for what I've done today," Ally tells Elena who nods.

"I know"

"And you need to fight" Ally scolds her. "I know that you're scared but you have to do it anyway" She swallows a little and then starts to cough into her hand. Blood splattering her palm. Damon looks upset by this but he knows it's best she stays in there.

"What do we do?" Elena asks Damon who turns a look on her.

"Go," He tells her.

"Damon..." She goes to argues.

"Just go. I got this." He stops her. Elena nods a little and leaves. Damon turns so his back is against the door, slides down to the floor. Ally tries to stand but only manages one step before collapsing to her knees in agony.

"Oh, Bogovete! Make it stop, make it stop! I can't take it anymore, make it stop!" She screams, Damon reaches up and covers his ears with his hands. He thought he could see this through with her. But listening to her in that much pain. He can't. He can't listen to her like this. He vamp-speeds out of the basement.