Chapter Thirty-Four

Katherine walks around the party, alone now. She muses to herself. An almost permanent smirk on her face as she goes. Her witch. Lucy. She doesn't look happy about the turn in events. She looks rather agitated as she strides towards the vampire. Katherine cocks her head at her in question.

"You didn't tell me there was another witch here" Lucy scolds Katherine who puts on an air of innocence.

"Didn't I?" She asks.

"No, you didn't. No one is supposed to know I'm involved. This changes things, Katherine" Lucy scolds her.

"This changes nothing" Katherine argues. "You're here because you owe your dear friend a favour. You wouldn't want to lose my friendship now, would you?" Cassandra walks towards them.

"Katherine" Cassandra greets, Katherine looks at her, Lucy glances between the two of them. "Leave, witch" She comments, Lucy looks surprised and turns to Katherine.

"You didn't tell me that one of them was here either" She scolds Katherine before walking away. Cassandra folds her arms over her chest and raises an eyebrow at Katherine.

"How did you know she was a witch?" Katherine asks her.

"What I know and what I don't know might actually surprise you" Cassandra comments. "I'm a mind reader" She points out slowly. "I read her mind, dumbass" Katherine clenches her jaw and glares at Cassandra.

"What do you want, Cassie?" Katherine asks through her teeth.

"I have a message from Stefan," Cassandra tells her. Katherine looks surprised.

"Oh?"

"Yeah, he and Damon want you to meet them at the edge of the lake by the woods. They brought the moonstone"

"And why are you their little messenger?" Katherine counters.

"Because they know I'm not afraid of you." Cassandra points out with a smirk. "And I can kick your ass three ways to Sunday without breaking so much as a sweat..."

"Hmmm" Katherine offers in some way of a counter-argument.

"Well, you shouldn't keep them waiting," Cassandra tells her and nods towards the house. "Chop chop" Katherine glares at her and then walks away. Cassandra snorts and looks at her phone screen. Cassandra is texting Caroline as she walks away but Elena grabs her arm.

"What the hell is going on?" Elena asks her.

"What are you doing here?" Cassandra scolds her. Alarmed that Elena would think of breaking off and doing whatever the hell she wants, but of course, they should have seen it coming really.

............

Elena is now standing with Cassandra, Jeremy and Bonnie outside of the building, keeping Elena away from the 'main action'. To keep her out of the event and the house.

"You guys are trying to kill her here?" Elena asks them, scolding in her tone.

"We saw an opportunity and we knew we had to take it." Jeremy offers.

"Okay, stop with the 'we', are you guys crazy? You're gonna get yourselves killed"

"We know what we're doing, Elena" Cassandra scolds her.

"And how am I supposed to feel if one of you guys gets hurt because of me?" Elena asks them.

"It's not just you anymore, Elena. She's messed with all of us, she has to be stopped" Jeremy points out, Cassandra nods in agreement.

"And who's idea was it to keep me away?" Elena counters, Cassandra raises her hand and wiggles her fingers.

"Mine" She answers. Elena gives her a scolding look. Cassandra gives her one back and then rolls her eyes knowing that Elena is going to get it. Of course, she isn't. This is exactly what Elena has been trying to do to her but Elena won't see it.