Chapter Fifty

At the Salvatore Boarding House, Elena opens the front door to the house and walks in. She shuts the door behind her and looks around the hallway before following the sound of music from the parlour. She peers inside to find Ally. Her powers flow around her as she dances by herself. Her eyes closed, lost in the music. Ally's eyes snap open, glowing red when they land on Elena. Elena waves a little.

"There's no one else here." Ally tells her as she uses her powers to turn off the stereo. "Obviously" She whispers to herself. She thought she was safe to dance by herself but obviously not.

"Actually, I came to talk to you," Elena tells her, Ally raises an eyebrow at her.

...........

Ally sits in an armchair across from Elena who has just finished telling her the plan, her plan. Ally is aware of Damon and Stefan's plan too, and it is a pretty solid one, she likes hers better, but that's for another day. This idea from Elena is plain stupid.

"It's a bad idea," Ally tells Elena.

"No, it's not" Elena argues. "From what Stefan told me, your contact Slater obviously has more information about Klaus. You and Damon just gave up before you got it"

"Because somebody blew up a coffee shop with us in it" Ally points out.

"There's more to learn. We just have to find a way to learn it"

"Why are you coming to me with this?" Ally asks her as she crosses one leg over the other.

"Because you owe us. If it wasn't for us, you would still be in that tomb" Elena scolds her, Ally rears back slightly and raises an eyebrow. Oh and just like that, she sees Katherine in this girl.

"Still debating if I am pleased about that" Ally tells her with a look and then tilts her head. "Maybe it's because you know that they wouldn't want you doing this. And their moonstone caper gives you a chance to sneak away"

"We're having a disagreement, okay? They're willing to risk everyone that I love and I'm not" Elena scolds her.

"They're just trying to protect you" Ally counters as she leans back in her seat. Elena gives her a look. Ally taps her fingers on the arm of the chair, weighing her options. "If I take you, this makes me square with all of you. You set me free and I did this. That's it. You can never ask for my help ever again" Elena nods.

..........

Elena and Ally make their way to the front door just as it opens. Elena gasps a little in surprise to find Cassandra stepping into the house. She does not look happy. She gives Elena an annoyed look and lets out a breath. Cassandra can't believe she did this. That she was going to do this without her. Cassandra is just as much in the shit with this as Elena is, she deserves to be involved in something that affects her actual life.

"Cas" Elena whispers. "What are you doing here?"

"You really think I am going to let you do this by yourself" Cassandra scolds Elena as she closes the door behind her. "Really?"

"How did you even know I was here?" Elena asks her. Ally holds up her hand and waves.

"I told her" Elena shoots Ally a look. "You're sisters, twins, and are both a part of this....she should be involved" Ally pulls on her coat and gives them both a look. "Sooo shall we?"

...........

Ally cuts the engine to her car as she parks outside of Slater's apartment building. Cassandra shuffles across the back seat to look out the window and up at the building. She doesn't really know what she expected. Something darker. Something more vampire. Elena is quick to climb out of the car and Ally looks at her, a little annoyed, she then turns to Cassandra who shrugs.

"Why do you put up with it?" Ally asks her.

"Why do you?"

"You all saved me from the tomb, I owe you...after today I won't...and I will not put up with her this way. She reminds me more and more of Katerina every day...." Ally draws off and shakes her head before she climbs out of the car. Cassandra snorts to herself and follows.

...........

Inside, the three of them ascend the staircase to the apartment they want. The building it weirdly and suspiciously empty. Ally bangs her fist on the door while Elena stands nearby with Cassandra.

"Slater? Slater, it's Ally. Open up!" Ally shouts. After a brief moment, Ally looks over at Elena and Cassandra. "He's not home. Sorry"

"Mm-mm. No. We didn't come all the way out here for nothing" Elena scolds her, Cassandra and Ally share a look. Ally scoffs and turns, uses her powers to throw open the doors. Elena looks inside the apartment and Ally gestures inside.

"After you" Elena walks into the apartment with Ally and Cassandra following her. Ally wanders farther into the apartment than Elena and Cassandra do, looking for Slater. "Slater?" As Ally moves towards the back of the apartment, she looks through a doorway and her face falls in shock. "I don't think he's gonna be much help" Cassandra and Elena rushes over to where Ally is standing. Elena gasps at the sight of Slater's dead body. Cassandra pulls face and sighs. But it's not all bad news. This might mean that Elena is going to give up this crusade and they can go home. Ally lets out a breath and shakes her head before she walks over to Slater's body and drags it away. Cassandra turns and walks over to Slater's computer desk and picks up a bunch of papers.

"Looks like whoever blew up the coffee shop found him and killed him for his information" Cassandra comments. Ally walks up behind her and watches as she shuffles through the papers. Elena moves to look over the papers on the coffee table.

"Yeah, probably to stop him from helping people like us" Ally points out. "The guy was a vampire almanac. Knowing too much information just bit him in the backside" Elena shuffles through a few more papers before picking up a framed photo. Ally walks over to a set of windows and pulls back the curtains, she lets out a breath and shakes her head. Elena looks down at the framed photo which contains a picture of Slater and a girl. She looks back up at Ally.

"I'm sorry about Slater." Elena offers but Ally didn't know him all that well, not well enough to care too much about him being dead. She's disappointed, sure, but not sad.

"Any luck?" Ally asks as she turns back to the room. Elena places the photo back on the table as Cassandra attempts to log into one of the computers.

"Um...It's password protected. I can't get in."

"No, this is fine. Let's just get out of here" Ally tells them, just wanting to leave. Suddenly, they hear a doorknob rattling from inside the apartment. Ally snaps her head around, her eyes glowing red. "Stay here" She warns the two girls as she walks past them and opens a set of doors. She peers into the small hallway and sees a girl hiding behind a corner. Ally frowns a little. "Alice?" She asks.

"Lina!" Alice, crying heavily, rushes towards Ally and embraces her. Ally pulls a disgusted face and tries to pry her off of her. "He's dead!"

"Yeah, yeah, that's....very sad. Let go of me" Ally pushes her off of her and then straightens her coat. She's not a huge fan of hugging people she doesn't really know. Cassandra she tolerates, given they are blood-related. And Damon, because they're friends, but that's it.