WISH LIST

Leone slid down the side of Sierra's bed and waddled away into the hall as fast as legs and diaper could allow, "Dona."

Sierra followed, "Leone, come back here."

Every doorbell or phone call triggered the boy who went from a baby-step-a-day to full course marathons to find his father.

Yes, to find Jonas, the baby knew he needed his legs.

Sierra didn't even think of filming what was supposed to be a baby milestone as her thoughts leaked everywhere.

The two stopped in front of the opening door.

Leone's smile inverted downwards like a sad emoji as soon as he saw who it was.

He began to cry, and Jacob scooped him up, "hey, Leone aren't you happy to see me?"

Though Jacob was one of his favorite people, Leone would have preferred to see Jonas.

Sierra gave her brother an apologetic stare, "he's been like that all week. I'm so tired of running after him. As soon as he sees a man with blonde hair in the street, he starts to yell. Sometimes he does that when he hears a voice."

Sierra avoided saying how her head made u-turns whenever she heard a seeming voice or spotted a replica silhouette of the man.

"It's a difficult week, huh, Leone?" Jacob looked down that the boy who now sobbed and wiped his bogey on his shirt.

"Non, Leone ne fais pas ça. [no, Leone, don't do that]."

The little boy turned to give Sierra a dark stare full of meaning. The woman could even translate the don't test me, Maba. Bring Dona back stare.

"You know what, Jacob? I shouldn't go out. I'll stay with him. Vincent will understand."

"No, Sierra, don't fall back into that plastic bubble where you shut everyone out, and you only exist for Leone. Go out, see your friends, it will do you good. Vincent is waiting for you."

Vincent.

If someone crossed the man that week, they would think he won the lottery. Never had the man been so radiant and full of understanding but also excited. Vincent kept sending reminders about his restaurant's opening. Even then, while Sierra got ready, he sent messages asking when she would arrive.

"Is everything okay, Sierra?"

"Yeah, you're right. I shouldn't keep Vincent waiting," Sierra returned to her bedroom, and Jacob followed with Leone in his arms.

"Sierra?"

"What?" She asked as she put on her earring.

"Are you happy?"

The woman turned away from her mirror, "yeah, why all of a sudden? Okay, I'm pissed about Jonas's departure. You can't imagine the resent I have for him right now."

"Sierra, we both know that whether he left on the May first or tomorrow, it would not change a thing."

Sierra glared at him, turned back to her mirror, and readjusted the straps of her dress. She was not keen on wearing one, but Jade insisted. She chose a midnight blue sheath dress, the cut was simple, almost formal, but it perfectly married her curves which were enough of an effect for Sierra if one considered her current mood.

Jade was highly enthusiastic. On the other hand, May told Sierra she preferred they had a girl's night at her place to cheer her up. Jade intervened and persuaded May during a long head-banging conversation in Sierra's absence they should all go to the opening. Both knew Vincent wished to propose.