HIS PLACE

"Mama."

Vincent woke up and turned to look at Sierra. She was fast asleep; the night was long for Vincent, who followed Sierra about.

Something troubled Sierra; her sleepwalking episode always indicated that. Between the engagement and their imminent voyage to London, Sierra was under a lot of stress. Vincent figured the period was the cause without forgetting her job, which also added pressure.

The man got out of bed. He didn't want to wake her. Besides, he had to find his rhythm and equilibrium in the unit formed by Sierra and Leone.

"Mama."

"Hey, little guy, good morning."

Leone covered his eyes.

What was this?

Was he sleeping? Yes, this was a dream?

Why was this man in his house?

Vincent picked him up, stunned the boy remained still. The shock was immense.

Why did he replace Dona?

As Vincent placed him in his high chair, Leone reflected and hoped mama didn't give those metal noisy things that opened the doors to their kingdom. Those were Dona's and uncle Cobs; they were the only people allowed to see his mom when they wanted.

Leone observed as Vincent took his bottle and placed the nipple in the bottle collar.

What is he doing? Oh, he wants to make my milk, "mama," wake up this person is doing things he shouldn't do in our house, and he didn't even wash his hands, Leone blabbered.

Vincent filled the bottle with the right amount of water and began to add the spoons of formula. Leone tapped on his tablet, eh, person-with-the-not-easy-name don't forget the cereals, he said.

"What is it buddy, Vincent approached as he shook the mix he made.

Leone touched his forehead with his hand. Help, can someone translate? He doesn't understand a thing, "mama."

"Ssh, Leone, let your mom sleep."

Leone stopped and blinked; oh, that's new, he calls mama mom. Still, he is no good. Where's Dona? "mama."

"Leone, stop calling me," Sierra walked in and patted him on the head.

Vincent gave her an apologetic stare. He had hoped she would find Leone gleefully drinking his bottle, "I didn't want to wake you."

"You should have."

"I was making his bottle."

Leone looked up at Sierra and began to explain, mama, he wants to starve him. He didn't put the cereals. How do you expect me to keep up these beautiful plumped cheeks, huh? Leone said as he tapped his cheeks.

"Vincent, did you put in the cereals?

"Cereales?"

Sierra proceeded to rectify and place the bottle in the warmer.

Phew, that was a close call. Long live mama, the baby thought as he began to play with his hair.

"Sorry, I wanted to help."

"It's alright, Vincent, thank you," Sierra said as she hugged him. Leone looked to the side; oh, no, not that stuff again.

"What do you want to do today?" Vincent asked.

"I need to see my brother."

Sierra had not told vincent about her altercation with Jacob. She wished to speak to her brother. He was all the family she had, and Jacob was also the only person who could keep Leone while they visited Vincent's parents.