YES OR NO

The idea was insane.

 How could the man make such a suggestion?

Would he truly accept her as his son's tutor? Sierra doubted, "how do I know you're not lying?"

"I'll have my lawyers draw up the papers. Mr. Wagner will be able to look over them with you."

Sierra scrutinized the man; he did not seem like a psychopath; on the contrary, Mr. Potsmann looked like the kind of gentleman most women dreamt of with his poised manners.

The woman's voice regained its subtle tone, "why are you doing this? I mean, do you even have time to spare? Don't you have an occupation where you live?"

"I can work from where I want, and I rather spare time being in the same household as my son than in a courtroom. Show me what kind of mother you are, Miss Lennox."

Sierra sat back on her chair. Her eyes fixed a spot on the table; everything was so sudden. The man sitting across from her appeared unfazed, and it somehow relieved the woman. Jonas could tell she pondered. He had to persuade her now.

"What are you scared of, miss Lennox? I think it's a fair deal."

"Just give me a minute."

"It's only for six months," the man insisted.

"I said a minute," Sierra lifted her hand in a stop sign motion in front of her. She had to think; the woman did not want another sermon from Jacob for her spontaneous decision-making.

Tic Toc, the clock on the wall advanced.

"I loved her."

Sierra lifted her eyes and stared at the man. It was strange now she faced Leone's father; she realized the boy resembled him entirely.

"Cecile was a tornado. She whisked my heart up and left it to shatter on the ground; she gave me so much. I was not strong enough; I was unable to keep her by my side. And Iㅡ."

Sierra sighed, "okay."

"What?"

"Okay, for six months. Then adios, Mr.Potts."

"It's Potsmann, please."

There was a small timely tap on the door; the lawyers entered with the Gauthiers, who finally arrived.

"Shall we resume?"

"Yes," Jonas answered.

As everyone sat down, Jonas proceeded with the assurance of a CEO holding a board meeting.

"Miss Lennox and I have agreed. She has accepted to be observed by me for the next six months. If I find anything that I estimate incompatible with Leone's upbringing at the end of this period, I shall pursue the lawsuit in which I shall demand Leone's custody.

"Six months, Mr.Potsmann, that's too much. Please tell me how on earth you will observe Miss Lennox when you live in Sweden? Mrs. Gauthier said.

"Eh, he's moving in with me."

"What, this isㅡ This is unlawful where on earth is this permitted."

"Well, Mrs. Gauthier, if the two parties agree. There is no law to stop it."

"Can I speak to you alone, Mr. Potsmann?"

Sierra turned to face the older woman and cocked an eyebrow, "why?"

"Hey, Sierra, you had your tête à tête [one to one], let us have ours," the older woman said.

Sierra shook her head in disapproval and got up. Her stare lingered on Jonas as she passed the door and hoped the man did not double-cross her.

The Gauthiers waited from the door to shut to jump the man with their arguments, "Mr. Potsmann, you promised to help us, and now you are colluding with the enemy."

"Listen, Mrs. Gauthier, the only side I'm on is Leone's."

"We brought you here."

"And I thank you, but now what matters more than my paternity rights or your family rights are how Leone feels. Cecile chose Miss Lennox over you and me. I want to know why. Also, if I can spare my son's stress and spend some time with him, it's better."

"Mr. Potsmann, remember we brought you here so you can help us. Please promise to give us Leone."

Jonas shifted on his seat, his paternity was only seventy-two hours old, and he already experienced the hardships. No one seemed to notice the situation was also stressful for him, the man sighed, "sorry if I am repeating myself, but I'm here for Leone. If being with you is for his best interest, then so be it. All I can say is we will see."

Jonas played a game of poker where the face he wore had to be opaque. Cecile would have laughed. He was no gambler. Still, a child's life was at stake.

The man knew he was Leone's father, but Jonas was yet to find out if he could endorse or embrace the role.

Jonas had his life planned out. Becoming a father was before last on his bucket list.

The man did not intend to put his life aside. No, this was just a pause.

Everything happens for a reason.

Even here, there was something for him to learn about himself or life in the turmoil of the mediation.

Jonas's encounter with Cecile brought him to France to meet Leone and Sierra. All was a blur for the moment. But the man remained assured that all will be revealed in an opportune moment.

"Alright, Mr.Potsmann, we will do it your way for now."

Mrs. Gaultier turned to glare at her husband, "what are you saying, Timothée."

The man took his wife's hands in his, "listen, darling, let Mr. Potsmann see for himself. I truly think it's better." He turned and nodded in Jonas's direction; all seemed settled.

Sierra and the lawyers came back in; they discussed the terms, and everyone left except Jonas. Now the pressure fell, the man wondered if he made the right decision.