LET GO

Sierra paced. If Jonas kept his cool when she prepared to go out with Vincent, she could not pretend anything. At least she maintained her behavior in her bedroom.

Jonas acted as usual after working on her chair in the basement. He came up and showered. Sierra noted the man took his time. The woman understood why the shower lasted when she finally came out of her bedroom, reeled by the smell of his perfume.

"Jonas."

Sierra found herself confronted by Jonas's naked back and tattoo as he ironed his shirt.

She observed the nip of his neck and hair. He cut off all the hair he grew over his stay. He also shaved. The man took the date seriously "eh, what time did you say you were meeting May again?

"8:30."

"You know it's early to have plenty of time. May is always at least five minutes late."

"I prefer to be at least ten minutes early. Besides, I'm not sure to find the place."

Too seriously.

May gave him a Rendez-Vous at Bercy village, a village of restaurants and shops within the Bercy area known for its colossal concert hall and gigantic shopping mall Bercy 2. What bothered Sierra about the meeting point was its proximity with May's apartment, which was at a two-minute walking distance.

Though May was the one to have stayed single the longest, she was also the one to have culminated the most sultry affairs. A female player, May was not one to pity for her years as a single was a choice. Age and a few social pressures were the only reasons motivating May's sudden wish to settle down. Of course, seeing her beasties with their men in shining armor contributed as well.

The woman found herself wanting to argue for the remote controls, tooth brushing side by side, double dates, and the whole shebang that accompanied couple status.

May wanted this and began to dream of the comfortable situation of having sex regularly and not the match waiting game Tinder offered.

Yes, May believed she could offer herself such a deal after graduating and finding satisfaction in her career and social status.

And who knew perhaps she could even get a baby popping before her thirtieth birthday.

Though friend's, Sierra was unaware of May's new ambitions, only seeing her friend as the master of seduction. She worried Jonas would be another number in her friend's directory. Still, Sierra could not bring herself to warn the man of the possible ploy.

If Jonas had to learn something about May, he would have to live the experience and figure things out himself.

Despite all the fears Sierra had, she remained the woman who would not criticize and rinse her friend's laundry for her benefit.

Jonas fitted his shirt and turned to face Sierra, "how do I look?"

The man was genuinely happy to go out. Jonas enjoyed spending time with Sierra, but since Vincent's return, the man felt like an outcast.

Vincent made sure to fill up every time slot Sierra had on her timetable. Even their weekly scrabble night got canceled for dates, or it became a party for three where Vincent flaunted his excellent knowledge of French vocabulary.

"You look,ㅡ. "Sierra started from his feet and worked her gaze up Jonas's silhouette, "you're perfect."

Jonas smiled, "thank you."

The woman meant it Jonas was a handsome man. No matter from what angle one looked, but he had more qualities than the average man.

Leone already slept. They were alone, and silence spread.