HE'S BACK

There were two options: One where Sierra walked into the Taj Mal to get Vincent back and another where Vincent came back knocking.

Vincent tossed and turned at night in his bed. He paced like a tiger in his den as he dug a hole in his restaurant's kitchen floor and spaced out while brushing his teeth. The man could not stop thinking about Sierra since the Scandinavian customer came to his restaurant.

Just the fact the customer evoked Sierra's name triggered all of vincent's senses. He missed her; the three months break in their relationship gave him time to think. Vincent concluded he was better with than without Sierra. The man was ready to endorse any role the woman wished.

Finally, Vincent made option two a reality with a slight nuance he rang instead of knocking on Sierra's doorbell.

The man's mouth remained agape as he found himself in front of Jonas. Vincent looked down the hall and at Sierra's door number. He was at the right place but not in front of the right person.

"Eh, does Sierraㅡ."

Before Vincent could finish, a familiar voice came from inside, "Jonas, who is it?"

Jonas eyed Vincent up and down. The man was smart; he didn't come with the cliché lets make-up bouquet, which made excuses seem fake, "It's for you," Jonas yelled down the hall.

Sierra came to the door stopped in her tracks, "Vincent," she exclaimed.

"Sierra, Iㅡ."

"Don't just stand there. Come in," Sierra said with a smile too radiant to Jonas's taste.

Jonas let vincent pass, and all three came to stand in the living room. Leone's eyes switched from one man to the other.

Many would see a triangle; all Jonas saw was the starting line of a race that ran straight to Sierra.

"Eh, I wanted to see you," Vincent began.

The awkward and surreal scene made Sierra discreetly pinch her thigh to check she was not wide awake. Her state confirmed, the woman proceeded to presentations.

"Ah, eh, Vincent, this is Jonas, Leone's father. Jonas, this isㅡ."

"I know who he is, Sierra."

Blunt and flat, Jonas employed the tone he used when something irritated him.

Another odd and silent moment arrived. Sierra could almost see the wind blow and her spirit fleeing with it.

"Well, nice to see you again, Vincent."

Yes, Jonas was a gentleman who did not let his state of mind get in the way of common courtesy. "Come on, Leone, let's go to the park to feed the birds."

Sierra slightly shook her head, "Jonas, you don't have toㅡ."

"No, it's okay. You two need to talk," the man scooped up his son dressed him.

Leone's stare lingered on Sierra and Vincent. If the boy could speak, he would have told his father to stay. Seeing the lack of reaction from Jonas, Leone began to cry. He stretched his hands in Sierra's direction. Nor Sierra or Jonas understood the sudden tantrum, but the child was more alert than his father. Leone whiffed the danger.

"Stop it, Leone."

Unjustly scolded, the infant sulked in the arms of his father, who carried him away.

The door shut, and Jonas looked down at his son, "don't look at me like that. What did you expect me to do?"

Jonas was stuck; he knew the scene playing in Sierra's living room's theater could throw the following episodes of their life in the turmoil of drama. The shy guy had never fought for any woman. Whether it was on screen or in real life, Jonas found love triangles ridicule and has-been. At the same time, he never sought to be with someone who was already in a relationship.