SETUP

Sierra was a different woman. She glowed with the aura of love. Vincent was back, and he came to conquer. Sierra was swept away by the attention the man accorded her but also Leone.

Vincent made himself available. He went to the park with them, he sometimes fetched Leone with Sierra, and the little boy began to see the man as a piece of his environment.

Where was Jonas in all this?

The man became a spectator of scenes he wouldn't have seen if the Gauthiers didn't reel him into Sierra's existence.

This was how the man saw his predicament. He and Sierra were colliding elements destined to cross and distance themselves.

"So tell us about everything. How is it with Mr. Right?" Jade asked.

"It's great. I feel as though we were never apart," Sierra replied with her signature smile of pure bliss.

May nodded, "terrific; I'm so glad to hear that. Then you won't mind doing me a favor."

Sierra swallowed her bite of pizza and asked, "what?"

"Eh," May gave a shy smile, "I was wondering if you'd ask Jonas on a date for me."

"What?" Sierra exclaimed louder than she intended.

"He's handsome."

"May, what theㅡ."

Jade decided to intervene before they made the headlines in the crime columns for homicide, "she's been wanting to tell you, but I stopped her. I got the impression Jonas and you wereㅡ."

Sierra shook her head, "no, no, Jonas is Leone's father, I'd never."

"Then it's cool, right, Sierra?" May asked.

"May, there are plenty of men out there. Why Jonas?"

"You certified he's a gentleman. That's what I need right now," May said as she twirled some pasta on her fork.

Sierra turned to Jade for assistance, "say something."

Jade shrugged, "Sierra, why are you so worked up?"

"I'm not worked up. It's Jonas. He'sㅡ."

Both of her friends hung, and her words, Sierra knew what she would expel was crucial.

"He's Leone's father."

"I told you she'd go crazy."

Jade fixed her friend, "Sierra, is there something you aren't telling us. I mean, you lived with the man."

"No, Jonas is a friend."

Still, keen on dating the man, May asked for confirmations to which she already knew the answer, "he's single, right?"

"Yes, but still. Jonas will be back in Sweden in a month," Sierra said with insistence.

"I don't mind if it's a fling; the Scandinavian nights will do."

"No, it's out of the question. I won't have you playing with Jona's heart. He's been through a lot already."

Jade chuckled, "poor Leone. I dread the day the boy brings home a girlfriend."

Sierra rolled her eyes, "come on, girls, you know it isn't the same."

"Okay, time out. I need to pee," May said as she got up.

Left with Sierra, Jade tried another approach, "Sierra, don't you think you're too categorical. May has been single for months. You know how hard it is to find a good guy. Not everyone has a Vincent waiting for them."