MEDIATION

Sierra's fears dissipated little by little every day she spent with Leone. Now she was ready to fight the world for the baby boy.

"As you can see, miss Lennox, the paternity tests show Mr.Potsmann here present is Leone Gauthier's biological father."

The lawyer tapped on the paper in front of Sierra, who stared down to see a very blunt and highlighted hundred percent match Mark.

Sierra crossed her arms, "so, it's just biology. Where was his father during all this time?"

The woman discovered a new facet of herself, which was feisty.

The mediator who sat at the head of the table rolled eyes, "miss Lennox, the Gauthier's are willing to stop the pursuit if you confine Leone Lennox to Mr. Potsmann."

"Wait, aren't any of you wondering why Cecile, their daughter, didn't leave Leone in his grandparent's custody or Mr. Potsmann? I mean, if the Gauthiers care so much, why aren't they here yet? Listen, if Cecile chose me, there must be a reason. I will not give Leone to anyone. Why don't they want me to take care of him?"

Mr. Wagner frowned over the papers, "I see here the Gauthiers are afraid that the cultural shock could harm Mr. Leone's upbringing. What is that supposed to mean?"

Sierra's lawyer struck an excellent point that the woman immediately rebounded upon, "cultural difference, you say. So for you, it's okay to raise and adopt Asian and black children by an all-white community, but it's fundamentally wrong to have a black woman raise a white child. Some great world leaders were raised by black women that didn't bother anybody, did it?

"Miss Lennox, let's not get into such debate. It's not why we're here."

Sierra slapped the paper in her hands, "really, then why did the Gaultiers evoke it in this document?"

The avocet linked his hands together, "I'm just exposing the reasons amongst others of the Gaulthier's fears about you raising their grandson."

Jonas, who listened to the conversation shift from one side of the table to the other, leaned over and whispered something to his lawyer, who nodded.

"Eh, ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Potsmann would like to have a word with miss Lennox in private can we give them if minutes if, of course, miss Lennox consents to it."

Sierra threw a stare at Jonas; he hadn't said a word since the mediation started. All he did was observe Sierra, who sat across from him. The accurate representation of the action would be that he fixed her. The man did not take his eyes off her; even if Sierra found it intimidating, she pursued her arguments.

Now Sierra was intrigued to know his thoughts, "okay, I will have a word with Mr. Potsmann."

The lawyers got up and left the two.

Jonas shifted in his chair, "eh, my french isn't very good, is it okay if I speak in English?"

The man's voice was unmistakable. A hint of his Scandinavian accent poked in here and there as he spoke. Thanks to Netflix and subtitles, Sierra's understanding of English was not inadequate.

"Go ahead."

"I know and understand this must be a shock for you. I almost had a heart attack when the Gaulthiers contacted me."

Sierra rolled eyes, "I knew they were behind this. Don't you get it, Mr. Postman-."

"Potsmann."

Sierra lifted her eyes to the ceiling, "Mr.Pots, these people are using you. If you take Leone from me, they will attack you and take him. They may look all proper, but they are heartless."

Once again, the man's eyes focused on Sierra's face, "do you love him?"

"What?"

"Do you love my son?"

Sierra leaned back a little as if to say, what are you saying, "Of course, I do. I wouldn't be here if I didn't."

Jonas leaned forward, "It's not about the money?"

"What, which money? Oh, you mean the assets. Listen, I have not touched a cent of that since I've started to take care of him. I'm -."

"Are you willing to do anything for him?" The man said, leaning forward a little more.

Sierra could see the details of his pupils; the man's eyes mesmerized her, "yes, anything." Sierra's voice was almost a faint whisper. The woman mentally slapped herself for letting her guard down.

"Would you be willing to be observed?"

"Eh, what do you mean by observed?" Sierra snapped out of her daze.

Jonas leaned back in his chair, "let's make a deal."

Sierra slid her head back," what kind of deal?"

"Let's live together."

"What?" Sierra exclaimed.

"Nine, no, let's say six months. Let's live together for six months, during which I will see if you are fit to raise my son."

Sierra pointed at herself, "I beg your pardon; you want to judge me?"

"No, I want to see your love for my son. I think it's fair. You say the Gauthiers don't know you. I want to know who my son is living with."

Sierra pushed back her hair and sat up, "where will this cohabitation take place? I have a job and all I can't move."

"In your apartment."

Sierra blinked twice, unable to register what the man said. She pointed at herself again; this time, the woman tapped on her chest, "what, you want to move in with me?"

Jonas smiled, "technically, yes."

"Listen, Iㅡ."

"I'll leave you alone if you pass. I'll drop the pursuit and let you take care of Leone."

Sierra raised an eyebrow and attempted to contain the feeling of hope that bloomed, "If I pass, you'll leave just like that."

"Yes."