3

[Chapter three]

"Laughter is sunshine, it chases winter from the human face."
Victor Hugo- Les Misérables

——➰——

Hyunjin scanned the books, lined up in a row, the same covers, a shelf of them. Some were the newest editions, some of them were almost falling apart.

"We got lucky, at least there are still some good ones."

"We came early, most people come to get the books for this kind of assignments a month before.", Chan commented and Changbin nodded, getting one of the newest books.

Chan followed him and Minho asked them to get one for him.

"Hyunjin? You're coming?"

The long haired stared at the shelf, his hand had stopped on one of the oldest versions. The book wasn't as bad as most of them, but there was a part missing on the broken spine, the word les cut in half.

"Yes, sorry."

He shook his head and moved to get one of the new versions, but as he grabbed it, his eyes lingered towards the other side again. He sighed, under his friend's curious eyes and switched choices.

"You're taking that one?"

The taller only nodded, felling the book weirdly warm in his hand.

"It's all messed up-"

"I know, Chan, I don't know, I like the cover better than those ones."

The older shrugged it off with a chuckle and they all got their books, leaving the library.

"Are you going to Olivia's party?", Minho asked, his eyes already on the book as he walked.

"Yes, now please don't read as you walk, I'd like you to live for a few more days at least."

The raven haired grinned and closed the book, pushing Chan with his shoulder.

"Worried about me, are we?"

The older sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"You are so annoying Lee Minho."

"Thank you. I try my hardest."

Hyunjin rolled his eyes at his friends.

"I need to get going, it's almost time to leave school anyway, see you later!"

He waved and turned back, walking home.

He dropped the book as soon as he reached his bedroom, keeping it on his nightstand and throwing himself on the bed. He turned his phone on and scrolled through his Instagram notifications, Snapchat and such, answering some of the girls asking if he was going to be at the party that night. He then grew bored, dropping the phone as well, next to his bed, and turning to the side.

He slowly drifted to sleep.

——➰——

"Changbin! Hey!", Chan patted the shorter's back, a bit too hard, making him spit a bit of his drink. "Oh, sorry."

"Jezus Christ, what steroids do you use?"

Chan laughed at the guy and rolled his eyes.

"What are you doing here alone?"

"Hyunjin's late, he fell asleep and I called him like 20 mins ago, so he must be arriving."

Chan only then realized how the guy's eyes were clouted, his hand holding the cup with an immense strength.