11

[Chapter eleven]

"A man is not idle because he is absorbed in thought. There is visible labor and there is invisible labor."
Victor Hugo- Les Misérables

————

"I will chose the pairing, as usual, I don't care if you want to stay with your girlfriend.", the teacher glared at Minho as the boy pouted.

"I'm gay."

The older man's eyes widened immediately, waving his hands in front of his face, he apologized.

"A lack of respect, indeed, assuming someone's sexuality.", Changbin made a tsk sound with his mouth as he shook his head.

"I-i apologize. With your loved one, partner, or whatever.", the man cleared his throat and Changbin sat back down, while Minho winked.

They loved to pester the teacher, and his bissexual ass didn't mind going by gay.

"You guys are terrible.", Felix chuckled behind the pair, making their heads turn. Changbin laughed with him, forgetting about all his awkwardness all of a sudden. Their eyes met as Minho turned to the front again as the teacher chose the pairs. "Does it hurt?"

Changbin felt his heart jump, but pretended to be unbothered.

"What?"

Felix leaned closer to him, stretching his arm to lightly touch his cheek, his thumb resting above the small cut he had on his lip. Changbin's body tensed while the taller looked him right in the eyes, his finger caressing the place he had harshly bit.

"N-no.", Changbin cleared his throat, giving him a small smile as he jumped back to his place, making the chair stand in all four feet again. "It's okay."

"Sorry. Got a bit carried away.", Felix whispered, still leaned onto him.

"No worries.", the shorter smiled again, turning back to the front before he totally lost it.

"You're red."

"It's hot in here."

Minho chuckled.

"It's literally not."

"Shut up. Who did I get to pair with?"

Minho patted his back.

"Lee Felix, sweetie. Lee Felix."

——➰——

"Hey, Seungmin!", Hyunjin placed a smile on his face as he approached the two boys. Jeongin glared at him immediately, which made the taller feel insecure.

"What do you want, Hwang?"

Hyunjin bit his lip, feeling wierd nervous for simply asking Seungmin how they would do their project, he was usually one of the most confident people in that school, and could speak to literally anyone.

"It's okay Innie.", Hyunjin's thoughts were interrupted by that voice, the one he had grown to like so much in such a short time and almost never hearing it. "I-it's the project, right?"

Hyunjin nodded and cleared his throat, doing his best to avoid the youngest's burning gaze.

"Seungmin, I'll be waiting by the door.", the other guy nodded and Hyunjin watched, with a smile, as he literally jumped across the room right into Chan's arms. They laughed together and stepped outside.

"So...", Hyunjin started, struggling to meet the other's gaze, both because he had his head so down he could barely see his face, and because he felt like a highschool girl talking to their crush.

Which was ridiculous.

"So...", Seungmin repeated. "I don't mind it being at mine, I actually would be thankful, my dad doesn't like it when I stay away too long.", he gave a small smile, trying to let it pass as a sweat gesture, but Hyunjin knew better.

He gulped.

"Sure, I just need your address then and... we need to exchange numbers, maybe it's easier for scheduals and stuff, you know?"

Something didn't sit right with Hyunjin when he stared at a frozen Seungmin, hands sweating and heart running, scared he wouldn't want to give him his number.

Hyunjin was never in that position before.

Ever.

But it was for a school work, so, it made sense, right?

"S-sure.", Seungmin woke up, reaching for his backpack, while Hyunjin fought against the smile that insisted on growing on his face. "Sorry, I left my phone in here and now I can't- ah, here."

Seungmin pushed the phone, which was stuck in something, and ended up hitting his own face by accident, right in top of one of his bruises, letting out a whine. The backpack fell to the ground, all his things falling off, while the shorter pressured his hurt skin in hopes the sudden pain would stop blinding him.

Before he could see again, though, Hyunjin was already next to him, he kept his arms around the shorter, not touching him at any second, just in case he fell.

When Seungmin managed to see again, that resulted in the two of them being extremely close to each other, and the shorter's heart skipped a beat at those brown eyes.

"S-sorry..."

"Are you crazy? What are you sorry for? Are you okay?", Seungmin almost choked in tears at the way he spoke. The guy seemed to worried about him is physically hurt.

"I am, sorry."

Hyunjin bit his lip, reaching up slowly to Seungmin's face. He started taking the hood off, slowly and carefully, keeping his hands away from the shorter's skin, letting the fluffy red hair out as it's owner stared at him in shock. Hyunjin let his eyes wander through his face, after that. His puppy eyes, covered in bruises, his eyebrow split, clearly done on purpose, which gave him a incoherent look, his thin nose and perfect plump lips, full of cuts and darkened from their beautiful original tone.

"What happened to you...", the taller didn't even notice it when he spoke those words, not more than a whisper, those words that made Seungmin close his eyes.

For the first time in long and painful years, he felt warm.

When Hyunjin reached to touch his check, softly and almost as if his hand wasn't there, caressing the black bruise he had accidentally hit, Seungmin tensed.

He hated being touched.

Because being touched hurt.

Still, the boy gulped, as Hyunjin's thumb drew circles around his hurt skin.

And he let him.

——➰——

I'm sobbing, bye.

Alexa play Friend by Btob.