23

[Chapter Twenty Three]

"To die for lack of love is horrible. The asphyxia of the soul."
Victor Hugo- Les Misérables

————

Hyunjin groaned as the knocks on the door got faster and louder. He rubbed his eyes and lazily got up, seeing Seungmin move to the side on the other bed and put a pillow over his ears.

Cute.

He opened the door ready to kill someone, but Changbin had the most broken look in his eyes and Hyunjin's heart immediately hurt for him. The shorter looked up and his eyes filled with tears immediately, his breathing was unstable as if he had been running and he had his clothes on in a weird way, as if he had dressed in a rush.

"Bin?"

"H-hyun-", he fell to the ground, sobs filling the room that made Seungmin immediately get up. The taller of the three hugged his friend and tried to get him inside enough for Seungmin to close the door, before settling at his own bed's feet, his back laying against it as the smaller boy cried in his arms.

"Bin, what happened?"

He got no answer, so Seungmin sat next to them, rubbing the shorter's back as he calmed down. If there was something Seungmin knew, was what made people feel better at those times.

"K-Jisung..."

"Jisung?"

"J-he's going to b-hate me..."

Seungmin and Hyunjin looked at each other and back at him, as the shorter finally got off Hyunjin's hug. He shook his head, as if trying to get rid of his own thoughts.

"Why would he... Changbin?"

"I-I betrayed him. Our friendship. God, I'm so stupid I just couldn't stop it.", he choked and started sobbing again.

"Changbin, hey, what happened?", Hyunjin cupped his face and whipped his tears away, feeling the older's tiredness.

"F-Felix kissed me. And we...", he sighed. "Y-you know."

Hyunjin's eyes widened at the confession, and he hugged the sobbing guy again as he fell forward.

"I'm the worst friend ever."

"Changbin.", Seungmin called, motioning the taller to let him look. "Jisung and Felix are in an open relationship, there's no problem."

The shorter's eyes widened, firstly he sighed in relieve. After that, tears began falling from his eyes again, and Seugnmin wondered if it had been a good idea to tell him that.

"I'm so stupid.", he scoffed.

"Bin?"

"I was worrying so much, and yet I still kind of... this is so shitty but part of me hoped b-he had done it b-because he might like me instead of Ji.", he buried his face on his hands. "I'm not only stupid for thinking it, I'm also still a terrible friend."

Seungmin bit his lip and started rubbing his back again and Hyunjin pulled him closer, they stared at each other worried as Changbin melted into tears on the floor.

——➰——

Hyunjin smiled at the guys by the breakfast tables, his eyes narrowing as he saw Felix laughing with his arm around Jisung.

Maybe he was being dramatic, but something about the Australian not explaining the situation to Changbin was angering him. He could have just said "hey, this means nothing I'm in an open relationship Please don't get hopes." But no. He had to go break his friend's fragile heart like that.

Hyunjin sat down with his food next to Chan while Seungmin moved to the other side, smiling at said boy.

"When are we leaving today?"

Chan sighed.

"As soon as we can, we didn't do shit yesterday and we have a finishing date for this."

Everyone nodded and started eating their food.

"Where's Changbin? I haven't seen him since last night?", Jeongin looked around, but no one else seemed to have an answer.

"He's in our room.", Hyunjin said, not looking up.

"What? Why? Isn't he coming?"

Hyunjin scoffed lowly at Felix's question.

"He's not feeling well."

"Is he sick? Oh, maybe we should take him to the hospital or talk to the teacher-"

"No.", Seungmin smiled nicely, noticing how Felix lowered his eyes to his lap. "He just had some issues last night, he needs to rest."

Minho sighed loudly and turned to Hyunjin.

"Physically or mentally?"

"Second."

Minho chuckled ironically and looked to the table.

"I swear if I find out who hurt him this time I'll commit a crime."

"What the hell is happening?", Chan slid his arm around the younger's shoulder as he answered, all eyes on him.

"Changbin isn't the strongest person, mentally speaking. He's really insecure and tends to get a lot of depression spikes. It's really ugly."

Hyunjin finally looked up, his eyes meeting Felix's as he spoke.

"So we don't like it when people hurt him. At all."

The freckled boy closed his eyes and but his lip, only Jisung and Hyunjin noticing the way he tried to hold back sudden tears. While Jisung became worried, Hyunjin smiled to himself.

He didn't notice the way Seungmin observed it all, the corners of his mouth also turned up.

Now that. That was hot.

————

So.... that was that :)

Alexa play Tension by Btob, specially that one love performance 🥲