40.

[Chapter Forty]

-Epilogue-

"The end(...)"
Victor Hugo- Les Misérables

————

Hyunjin pulled Seungmin to the balcony on the first floor at around 3 am, everyone wasted already and destroying the house. They passed Felix and Changbin, cuddling in the couch as the older drifted to sleep, Minho and Jisung aggressively making out on the improvised dance floor and Jeongin beating all seniors in a beer pong game as Chan watched with pride. They passed a bunch of couples looking for bedroom on the first floor and stumbled to get to the balcony.

As soon as the fresh hair hit their faces, Hyunjin pulled Seungmin against the outside wall, taking his air away and intertwining their hands above his head.

Seungmin smiled as the taller kissed his nose.

"What?", he whispered. "Are we fucking outside? Never knew you had a kink for being caught."

Hyunjin rolled his eyes and leaned in, deepening the kiss without asking, pulling him close by his waist and humming as Seungmin's hands wrapped around his neck.

They pulled away after a while.

"I just wanted to show you the stars.", he admired, forehead against forehead, breathless.

Seungmin's eyes widened.

"T-the stars?"

"Yeah.", he pulled him by his hand, until the end of the balcony. "Remember the first time we looked at them together? You told me about your mom, and you let me hug you for the first time. " Hyunjin smiled at the constellations.

"I'll never forget that day. I was finally comfortable enough to talk about her to someone. It meant the world to me."

"And to me. That the one I love felt that comfortable with me.", Hyunjin caressed his face, almost bruise free, finally seeing his true colors after so long. He took Seungmin's hand between his and pulled something from his pocket, making the younger's eyes widen. "I can't ask you to marry me already, but I can make you mine in all the other ways. I promise to stay by your side, to help you through anything and love you all the way, until I am able to give you another ring besides this one."

Seungmin stared as Hyunjin slipped the thin silver ring to his finger, sitting perfectly in his milk skinned hand. He smiled as Hyunjin showed him his own hand, the ring already there.

"Hyun-"

"I encountered on the street, a very poor young man who was in love. His hat was old, his chest was worn, his elbows were in holes."

Seungmin choked in his own tears, hearing that same quote his mom had treasured so much for some reason, the only thing that connected them since he had found her copy of the book, the paragraph colored, contrasting the boring black and white that spread around the rest of the volume.

"Water trickled through his shoes, and the stars through his soul."

He completed, while Hyunjin leaned in to kiss him.
Sweetly and slow, hand in hand and hearts combined.

"What a great thing it is to be loved."

Hyunjin whispered, resting his forehead against Seungmin's, giving voice to the words that followed that small quote they both had memorized already.

And as they leaned in again, tear stained faces and wide smiled in their faces, the moon looked down on them once again, smiling softly, and showing the lonely stars they should not fear, for even the brightest love could be found in the deepest darkness.

"What a far grander thing it is to love."

————

Guess what? The end :)

I will be quick because I'm tearing up with my own story, but Thankyou for reading, thankyou for those of you who have been here since the beggining, the ones who joined and the ones who are still yet to come, maybe months or years after I publish this last chapter. Thankyou to those who will keep waiting for my updates and the ones that will support my next books, and for those who just read this one and are saying goodbye now, I hope you have a wonderful day and life, stay healthy, stay happy, stay STAY.

I'm soft today I apologize.

On another point, first chapter of At your service comes out at around 8am kst tomorrow <3

Alexa play Blueprint by Straykids.

Goodbye <3