24

[Chapter Twenty Four]

There comes an hour when protest no longer suffices; after philosophy there must be action; the strong hand finishes what the idea has sketched.
Victor Hugo- Les Misérables

————

"You are all so boring I just want to go to the fair.", Jisung pouted as he pointed there, the task long forgotten as JeongChan disappeared because the younger wanted to play a game in the extension of tents and food trucks.

Hyunjin was too busy looking at the huge wheel by the park to notice the way Felix had disappeared as soon as Chan said they were free to do whatever they wanted to.

"God, what the fuck do you want? I'll go with you."

This made the taller turn to Minho, who had a jumping Jisung around him.

"Minho Hyung is the best, I hate all of you.", he shouted as the taller male pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Just lead the way, Han-ah."

Seungmin chuckled as the two left and Hyunjin and him found themselves alone again, staring at the last rays of sun.

"Where do you want to go?"

Seungmin shrugged, starting to walk between the tents, knowing Hyunjin was following him.

He overheard family's talking, encouraging each other as they had fun with the kids, couples laughing as they tried to get something for one another, the smell of the popcorns next to them and the lights from the tents made him stop and smile at the environment.

"Anywhere.", he finally answered.

Hyunjin chuckled and took his hand, scooting closer to a tent that had some plushies to win over a dart game with balloons.

"Let's try this one, shall we?"

Seungmin nodded and jumped a bit, making the other one turn to hide his smile, eyes closed and breathing unstable.

God, how cute.

They played for hours, changing tents and games, losing and losing over again until each one of them managed to get a small plushie, two dogs, one black and one brown, that they played with as silly kids as they had dinner there, no one else from the group to be found.

"Okay, I have one.", Hyunjin cleaned his mouth from the fries as they played 21 questions without a limit.

"Why do you always wear a hoodie over your uniform?"

Seungmin seemed to think for a while, eyeing the ice cream in front of him as the previous plate was already gone.

"I hate my body, and I feel too naked with only the uniform on. I'm too skinny and people will notice, hoodies are large so I feel safer in them."

Hyunjin nodded.

"You're been eating fine now."

"It's not that I want to get skinny or don't want to eat it's just... sometimes I... I forget."

"Forget?"

Seungmin sighed, joining his hands shyly. He had never told a word about what went on inside his hole to anyone, and yet Hyunjin was breaking all of his wakes all over again.

"I'm scared to leave my room sometimes and I forget to have food there. Is it my turn now?" Hyunjin nodded after a while, not wanting to pressure him anymore. "Okay, so... I've been in that school for years, you never dated anyone."

"And?"

"Didn't You? At all? Like I know what you think about it but I also know no matter what you say you still go around hooking up with all girls."

"I do.", Hyunjin leaned back. "I guess to stay in character, and it's not bad. It's just not ideal as well."

Seungmin chuckled at his small pout.

"Touched a sensitive nerve?"

Hyunjin rolled his eyes and threw a fry at him, watching as the boy giggled in from of him, the moonlight shining on his eyes again.

And if his eyes didn't hold the universe...

"How are we calling them?", the taller grabbed his plushie and chuckled at his own brain. "Bart sounds nice."

"Never in my fucking life."

"Hey!", Hyunjin slapped his arm lightly. "Don't swear, young man."

"I bet I'm not that younger than you."

Hyunjin rolled his eyes.

"I'm from March, you're from september, you should be calling me Hyung."

Seungmin playfully hit him.

"No way, how do you even know my birthday, you stalker? I guess Jisung was right, you really are obsessed with me."

"Felix told me. He's exited because you three little virgos are close in birthdays."

"I see. I think...", Seungmin giggled again like a child, making the other's heart speed up. "We should call them Control V and control C."

"You... What?", they bursted into laughter attracting some atention to themselves.

Tw: "slight" homophobia

"Look at that? Do you think they are on a date?", a lady behind them asked, clearly enough for Hyunjin to hear. His whole body stiffened and Seungmin noticed, hearing the next part as well as her friend answered.

"I bet so, that shit is disgusting, right on from of children."

Hyunjin felt his chest heavy all of a sudden.

"What-"

"Don't.", Seungmin whispered, hesitating to take his hand. He just brushed their fingers together for a while before pulling away. "It's always the same, there's nothing to do, let's just go. Please."

The despair in his voice was enough to make Hyunjin immediatly get up, getting the dogs and glaring at the wide eyed ladies, who finally noticed they heard it all. He moved to the other side and slid and arm around Seungmin's shoulder while the guy started shaking, leading him away from the crowd.

They stopped next to a bridge, Hyunjin cupping Seungmin's hands and trying to make him look at him.

"Seungmin, are you okay?"

"I-I'm sorry I just... get really nervous when it comes to this things."

"Don't apologize, do you need anything?"

Seungmin lifted his head and nodded, opening his arms.

"A hug."

Hyunjin's heart jumped and he didn't wait to pull him closer, resting his arms on the shorter's waist as Seungmin buried his head on his neck, sending shivers down the talker's spine.

"I'm so scared of going back, Hyunjin.", he choked, tears starting to fall down his cheeks.

The taller held him stronger, even more, rubbing circles on his back.

"I know. I'm here for you, Seungmin, always."

——➰——

Everything stop.

I haven't wished any of you a happy Pride Month yet 🥲

HEPPY PRIDE MONTH MY SWEETIES I LOVE YOU ALL NO MATTER WHATS YOUR SEXUALITY OR HOW YOU IDENTIFY YOU ARE ALL SO FUCKING VALID AND I LOVE WACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU ❤️

Alexa play Friend by Btob.

Cs you're my friends as well and if you ever need anything at all my dms are always open, though I only check them like once a month but if you post on my board that u dmed me I'll be right there for you <3

Love you.