17

[Chapter seventeen]

"The future has several names. For the weak, it is impossible; for the fainthearted, it is unknown; but for the valiant, it is ideal."
Victor Hugo-Les Misérables

————

The younger of them furrowed his eyebrows as Hyunjin pulled the car in a supermarket parking lot.

"Why are we doing here?"

Hyunjin smiled at him, winking. He pulled the keys out and took his bag from the back seat.

"Shooping, obviously."

"But... wait, Hyunjin!", Seungmin forced his tired body out of the car, wanting nothing else than to lay on the bathtub and never wake up again. "What do you need to buy?"

The taller smirked as they both got into the supermarket, the environment changing immediately. Seungmin felt like smiling at the family's that passed by, living their best life. Kids begging for sweets, old couples laughing at their grandchildren. Something he never got to experience.

Hyunjin bit his lip before reaching for his hand, slightly touching it. As he expected, Seungmin took a step back, suddenly startled by the skinship. Hyunjin still smiled.

"Let's get what we need."

"What we need for what?"

The taller got a car and let his smile get wider, hoping Seungmin would smile as well, eventually.

His smile was beautiful.

"We're cooking dinner. For both of us."

"We... what?", Seungmin's heart jumped as he gulped, the guy in front of him seemed too honest.

Seungmin almost shed a tear, either for how he had never had anyone wanting to cook for or with him, or because of that feeling on his chest that led him to believe the most popular guy in school might actually give a shit about him.

Ofc course he didn't.

He had to have some kind of thing coming from this.

Something.

"I mean....", Hyunjin's face drastically changed, a glimpse of sadness crossing his eyes. "You don't have to if you don't want to..."

Seungmin bit his lip again, feeling the blood in his mouth, from that constant habit he had. Everything told him to run away, his body, his mind, his heart. And yet, looking at the pure look he had in his eyes was too much for the boy. His heart melt immediately and he waved his hands in front of his face.

"No, no. I don't mind. I'm just scared my... family would be mad."

"You can't go out?"

Seungmin gulped.

"Not without a warning."

Hyunjin nodded, motioning to his cart.

"Sit."

"W-what?", the younger knew he had to be mishearing.

Hyunjin sighed, and pulled the cart a bit.

"How about you tell your dad you're staying at Felix's house? I know for a fact he lets you stay there since you guys became friends."

Seungmin heard that alarm again, in the back of his head, going off so loudly it almost made his head hurt.

And yet, he still nodded, ending up being pulled by Hyunjin inside the cart, chasing things with too much sugar and showing that smile Hyunjin loved so much, his heart rushing with the adrenaline he had never felt, as he temporarily became the kid he never had the chance to be.

——➰——

"You live alone?", Seungmin still had a smile on his face as they entered the house, after dropping a few things at the front garden without intending too.

They had two full bags in each arm, a bit breathless from the weight but not enough to break their happiness. After so much time, Seungmin had managed to get through with his lie to his father, with a promise of being back by tomorrow without an excuse.

They had also ended up buying some chicken instead of cooking since it was already 7pm by the time they got to the front in the line to pay, so Seungmin ran back to the supermarket, giggling as Hyunjin stood dumbfounded facing the cashier.

"My parents are out of town."

Seungmin let out a laugh.

"That is so Wattpad typical."

Hyunjin rolled his eyes and dropped the bags with a groan.

"Never took you as someone who reads on wattpad."

The younger shrugged, moving to get some of the snacks they bought out, his shyness finally gone as Hyunjin almost jumped in happiness.

"Hey, books are books, there are really good things there."

"I'm sure they are.", he chuckled as Seungmin tried to open one of the snacks. "No. Food first."

The younger pouted, his hood covering most of his face.

"This is food!"

Hyunjin sighed, taking his hood off the same way he had some days before, a smile on his face as he saw the younger's uncovered face all over again.

"You need to actually eat some healthy food before you faint, Seungmin."

"Okay.", he sighed. "But can we watch a movie?"

Hyunjin nodded.

"Whatever you want as long as you eat all the food I put on your plate. No excuses."

Seungmin took a deep breath, nodding.

"Deal."

Hours later, it was already their third movie, Seungmin was starting to get sleepy and his head kept falling around, but Hyunjin was too focused on the other details to notice it.

The taller felt this really weird urge to be close to him, closer than they were then. Not only as a friendship but also physically, at the couch on that moment. His skin itched to touch his hand, his fingers wanted to know what it was like to be stuck between Seungmin's more than anything else in the world.

So he did.

He reached out carefully, feeling the younger stiffen at the first soft touch, his breath itching as the sleepy Seungmin turned alert. He saddened and waited for the younger to pull his hand away, but he didn't. Slowly, Seungmin moved his trembling hand closer to Hyunjin's as their fingers slowly danced with each other, not daring to stay still but not making any sense in their movements. The first one to settle down was the taller, he made his long fingers slip agains the younger's ones, intertwining their hands and feeling Seungmin melt into the contact. The younger sighed and felt his eyes close again as he let his head fall against Hyunjin's shoulder, drifting to the dreamland as the alarm kept playing in the back of his head.

Lower.

And lower.

And lower.

——➰——

This story will have smut, but it's such a slow burn at first... you know what that means? Means the next one I am working on will be like... a bit more intense, basically :)

I am currently starting both Rescue Team and At your service, and will probably work on At your service first, then a small break to either write the short story wish you back, or start on 3 shoots, while Rescue Team is developed.

Why am I telling you this? No idea, organization I guess.

Hope you are liking this <3