18

[Chapter eighteen]

"The beautiful is as useful as the useful." He added after a moment's silence, "Perhaps more so."
Victor Hige- Les Misérables

————

"Hyunjin?"

The taller moved in his bed, sighing as his eyes fluttered open.

"Hwang Hyunjin!"

He slowly got up, cursing in basically gibberish as he threw his hair back and left his room.

"There you are, sleepy head.", the guy smiled.

"Minho.", Hyunjin let his morning voice sound higher than he should have, startling the guy with it's roughness. "What the fuck are you doing in my house at 7am on a weekend?"

Minho's chin fell to the ground.

"Dude, camp trip? Have you forgotten? Seriously?"

The taller cursed himself and hit his forehead, the slap echoing around the hall.

"I can't believe this shit."

A door behind them opened, a sleepy Seungmin leaving the guest room rubbing his eyes like a cute toddler, which made Hyunjin's heart skip a beat. He chose to ignore it, though. The younger of them whined and finally looked around, his brain still confused as he was sure to have fallen asleep on the couch and not on that room. His eyes landed on Minho, who had a confused expression, and he yelped.

"God, you scared the shit out of me.", he moved his hand to his chest, making Minho half laugh as he looked between the two.

"Sorry, didn't mean to... Ahm"

"Seungmin.", Hyunjin smiled at his friend and Minho face palmed.

"That, I knew it, I swear. But... what is happening here?"

Hyunjin sighed, moving closer to the younger.

"We have camp today, I forgot, and so did you."

Seungmin's eyes widened.

"Holly shit, what do I do now? I can't go get my things and I don't have the time to even pack a bag.", he whined again and let his head fall.

"Don't worry.", Hyunjin chuckled. "Text your dad's again, it's school shit so he can't just say no, right?"

"Yeah.", Seungmin didn't seem to sure, but Hyunjin let it slide.

"Go have a bath, we'll fix this in a moment, you can just steal my clothes. That's my room, whatever you want."

Seungmin nodded and bowed to Minho before disapearing to the guest room again.

As the door closed, Hyunjin turned to meet a very confused Minho again.

"Dude, his bruises..."

"I know.", the taller bit his lip, only then realizing Minho was the second person to ever see him without his hood from what he knew. It was not a pretty view.

"I wander what happened to him."

Hyunjin scoffed.

"I'm pretty sure his dad happened. He gets so tense talking about him... I brought him with me because I was scared, honestly, of him being at his own house."

Minho nodded, feeling his heart shatter for the boy.

"How did you guys even became friends?"

Hyunjin shrugged.