9

[Chapter nine]

"A garden to walk in and immensity to dream in--what more could he ask? A few flowers at his feet and above him the stars."
Victor Hugo- Les Misérables

————

Seungmin opened his eyes to the blinding light that came through the light curtains of that unknown room. He had just woken up from a nightmare, where he fell down a building for absolutely no logical reason. Those were the worst, though, the ones that didn't make sense.

Hi blinked a couple times, moving in bed and holding his breath, hoping the noise didn't wake up his father. If it did, too early, he might still be a bit drunk and beat him up for doing so. If he was lucky, he was passed out, if the universe had decided to love him that day, he would be sober and wouldn't remember anything about beating his own son up.

The usual.

When Seungmin realized he wasn't on his house, he actually got even more terrified.

If his dad woke up, no matter in which state, and realized he hadn't been home for the night, his bedroom window still open waiting for him to come back, he was fucked. No matter what.

He rushed to pick up his phone, by the nightstand, and rubbed his eyes, heart racing as he checked his messages.

Nothing.

He sighed in relief.

His father was probably still sleeping, maybe dead, who knew.

That was when he finally took the time to look around. The bedroom was big as fuck, way too white and way too empty. If Seungmin didn't know better he'd think he was in a psychiatric hospital or something, but the shouts coming from downstairs were too familiar for that.

He tried to remember what had happened, looking down on his body to see someone had taken his shoes off, but nothing more.

Great.

He didn't need anyone, specially not his new friends, who actually seemed to care about him, to see what his body looked like, that horrendous piece of shit that he walked around in.

He sighed, getting up and letting his soar body adjust to the straight position again, only to stumble downstairs at the rhythm of the screams coming from the kitchen. He barely noticed the details around him as he reached the division where Felix and Jisung fought, again.

"Then why are we still doing this shit?"

Felix sighed, cooking something.

"Jisung, we talked about this, you said it yourself it was a game. And we are okay with these things anyway, I don't get it."

"I know, babe, I have no problems but I don't want you with me if you want someone else."

Felix dropped the spoon, pinching the bridge of his nose. He walked over to Jisung and cupped his face.

"I do not want to be with anyone else, you idiot. Stop being paranoid."

The other pouted and shock his head.

"I saw it in your eyes Felix, you want to fuck Changbin.", Felix tried to talk but was interrupted. "And honestly that's great because I'm pretty sure he wants you to get in his pants as well, but at least have the decency to break up with me fisrt."

"Aren't you two in an open relationship?", Joengin went pass Seungmin, smiling at him, and sitting down next to the couple, grabbing an apple and frowning at it.

"We are, that's why I don't get where this came from.", he glared at Jisung before smiling sweetly at the fourth guy. "Morning, Seungmin, sit down, I'm making us breakfast."

"I'm saying this, Jeongin and Felix, because one thing is being in an open relationship with me and fucking other people.", the boy sat down as Felix followed him with his gaze. "Another is to be with me and liking other people."

"I do not like him."

"But you will. I know you, Felix, he's everything you could ever want or need.", Jisung rolled his eyes. "Just cook, don't sweat it, let's just see how things roll."

"You guys are so chaotic.", Seungmin chuckled.

"Sorry, your head hurts?"

"Not much."

Felix suddenly turned to them, a smile on his face.

"You know what happens if we break up?"

"What?"

The guys grinned at his boyfriend.

"You can finally throw yourself to-"

"ENOUGH.", Jisung cut him, panicking. "Lix, please no."

Jeongin let out a laugh.

"You're so nervous all of a sudden, and you're mad at Felix for doing the same as you?"

"I-I'm not doing t-the same.", the guy looked around, trying to find the words. "It's diferent. It's just a crush."

"A five year crush.", Felix laughed. "Don't worry Sungie, one day Minho will notice you. Now eat, we're late for school. And don't come whining at me mister Jeongin, you're the one who had the brilliant idea of going to a party on a week day."

Seungmin smiled as his plate was filled.

For the first time in years, he ate the whole meal.

——➰——

Dear Minnie.

I said this before but I'm sorry about your life. I don't get much about books but I think most people read as a way of escaping reality, that's probably why you like this terrible... I mean, beautiful ;) book. I have to admit the story isn't so bad so far. So far means chapter two. I don't know how the hell you do this.

I wish I could help you out, make you feel better somehow.

My mom usually tells me a hug makes everyone's day better, which makes me remember, I failed to help someone recently. Actually, just yesterday. Maybe I shouldn't be writing this in here, but I can't really get over it. I guess some people don't like hugs, and I solve most of my problems with hugs, so not a great match. I feel bad about this situation, I could have done more, done better, helped more. I just stood by, tried but failed.

I kind of hate me for that, I always do.

Stranger.

Seungmin wrinkled his nose at the note and sat down by the window, as usual, scribbling another note, carefully.

He didn't notice the pair of eyes that observed him from afar for a few seconds, before the bell rang and their paths separated again.

——➰——

So, my melostaytiny ass or mayfly stan ass as we can say i sNOT over today's performances and will probably never be :)
Pain.
I hope you all enjoyed kingdom as I did and enjoy my next fan-fiction called "My boyfriends fell in love with each other and left me" staring woolix, Changbin as the poor guy and San as the one who laughs at everyone's faces. The plot twist is San adopting Felix. Thankyou very much.