10

[Chapter 10]

"Let us sacrifice one day to gain perhaps a whole life."
Victor Huge- Les Misérables

————

"You're so whiped it hurts. He almost took your lip away Changbin.", Chan reminded him, as he pocked the cut that Felix had made the night before. Changbin winced, slapping his hand away.

"And I would have gladly let him keep it."

"You have issues.", Minho muttered, eyes on the book, already half way through it.

They were sitting in the cafeteria, after some very painful hours of morning classes after they dealt with their hangover. The school was emptier than usual since a lot of people skipped for that exact reason, no one missed Jae's party's.

"I do, and one of them is Felix being with Jisung."

"You're awfully silent today.", Chan spoke. "Hyunjin? Is it because of what happened yesterday?"

The taller finally ripped his eyes away from the door, staring at his friends with his eyes almost closed.

"Y-yeah. Sorry, I wasn't listening."

"It's okay man.", Minho patted his shoulder. "You're good?"

Hyunjin sighed, glancing at the door again.

"I don't know. I haven't seen a panic attack that close in ages. You know, he does the same my mom does. I couldn't touch him."

The others exchanged worries looks.

"Jin, it's okay if you want to go home and rest-"

"No, I need to see if he comes today."

Minho stroke his arm slightly.

"You're too stressed, he's probably used to it he might have help-"

"No.", Hyunjin's voice dropped a few tones. "He doesn't. He was completely lost in the attack. Plus, I'm pretty sure those bruises weren't done by someone at school."

Chan'a expression changed immediately.

"You think his family hurts him?"

Hyunjin shrugged, looking at his half eaten food.

"I can't know, I don't want to intrude as well but... I don't know."

Minho wiggled his eyebrows without saying anything.

"Lee, come on, you can tease him later this is serious."

Hyunjin looked between the ex boyfriends.

"Tease with what?"

"You've been really interested in this boy and you know whatever change we get to bug you about your straightness, we do."

Hyunjin rolled his eyes and was about to get up, but one of the girls that was sitting down next to their table got to them with her shy smile and shaking hands. She cleared her throat as the four popular guys looked at her, and then turned to the youngest.

"I-I wanted to know if... if you'd like to go out with me after school." She closed her eyes fiercely and Hyunjin sighed lowly, trying not to let her hear. He was about to refuse but he looked behind her and realized most eyes were stuck on the scene, so he smiled back at her.

"Of course, meet me at the gates after the last period.", he winked, making sure her friends saw and frowned as the girl got the date.

He hated those kinds of fake friends.

She almost choked on air, bowing and leaving immediately.

"Back at the charity?"

Hyunjin shrugged, playing with the cold food.

"It's just a date or something like that, can't hurt and I might get to eat icecream."

Minho chuckled.

"Why do you hate going on dates so much? You are always all over the girls, and come on, she's pretty."

Chan gagged.

"Liking girls, can't relate."

"I never said she wasn't.", Hyunjin shrugged. "Just not my type."

"So tell me, what's your type, mister Hyunjin?"

The boy was going to answer, or at least try to, but his mouth fell open as he looked at the door again.

Felix was laughing his ass off while Jisung tried to get up from the ground, Jeongin sitting right on top of his butt.

"I told you to not insult me, old man, now you get what you deserve.", the youngest of them crossed his arms, refusing to leave.

All the other followed his gaze, bursting into laughter the second after, while Hyunjin's mouth was still open.

His eyes were stuck on the red haired. His face was covered in concealer and he could barely see the marks, so he had met the hood down. His fluffy hair fell perfectly over his puppy eyes as he laughed with Felix.

He laughed.

Hyunjin couldn't help it but to smile.

——➰——

The second time that day was when he and the girl, who's name was Chuu, as he had understood, was asking him about what flavour he liked the most.

The bell rang and Hyunjin couldn't help it but feel his heart race at the sound of that laugh.

He turned around to see the four guys again, sitting next to a window and talking about something he couldn't hear.

He totally forgot the girl in front of him, even as she waved her hands in front of his face.

Fuck.

Their eyes met in between, even with all the people passing by, orders throwm around and Chuu trying to get his attention.

He felt a bolt of lightning through hit his body.

Seungmin stared at him for a while, before he giggled, going back to the previous conversation.

Hyunjin's cheeks flushed scarlet as Chuu finally got to talk to him.

"Are you hot? You're really red.", she looked worried. "Hyunjin? Why are you smiling like an idiot?"

The taller couldn't answer.

He giggled.

And god forbid him he wanted to hear that giggle up close.

——➰——
First of all, I'm sorry for not publishing yesterday, I totally forgot.

How is your day so far? :)

Mine is almost over ㅠㅠ

Alexa play Y U COMEBACK by 4MIX.