32

[Chapter Thirty Two]

"Let us sacrifice one day to gain perhaps a whole life."
Victor Hugo- Les Misérables

————

"I'll see if there's tables inside, if not, we can stay here, outside. The weather is nice today."

They all nodded and Chan entered the McDonald's, greeting some people he seemed to know as Minho took a call, moving next to a bunch of bushes and becoming invisible there since they mixed with the night.

Seungmin felt something poke his waist and instantly chuckled, turning to the other side and smiling.

"I feel like I'm making this easy for you."

"And I'm glad.", the taller kissed the tip of his nose, his lips tingling to connect them with Seungmin's. "I am really, really sorry. I know it was just a day of doubt but... it still happened.

The shorter bit his lip.

"Doubt?"

"Yes.", Hyunjin sighed. "Not because of you, you, Seungmin, you're fucking perfect. Because of.. well, other people.", he took Seungmin's hand and kissed it softly. "I know it's stupid and I know I'll have to deal with these kinds of people all the time, but it was a first and it scared me so much."

The shorter choked a sob and pulled him into a hug, wrapping his arms around Hyunjin's neck as he hugged him back.

"I didn't even think about that, god, Hyunjin. I'm so sorry.", he whispered, feeling the taller pull him even closer to his body, warmth erupting between them.

"No, I shoul-"

"It's okay to be scared, I get it, I've been there too and I'll be more times for sure. I didn't even remember you might have been through that, Jin.", Seungmin finally let go of the hug, cupping his face. "I'm so sorry."

The only thing Hyunjin could do was smile, a lonely tear falling down his face as Seugmin leaned in to kiss him.

The first one was short, longing, Seungmin played with his hair slowly as their hearts became one again, gently pulling and pushing each other that night, at a goddam parking lot as they waited for Chan to come back and take them to their table.

And yet, it couldn't have been more of a perfect situation for both of them.

They separated and leaned their foreheads against each other, their bodies on fire.

"I love you. I don't know if it is too soon but I really do, Seungmin."

The boy gulped, half crying half smiling as they stared into each other's eyes.

"N-no one ever told me that."

"Well, it's true."

Hyunjin pulled him by his neck, connecting their lips again as their tears kept falling, turning the kiss into a salty mess.

"I love you too.", Seungmin mumbled against the taller's lips.

They embraced each other more, Hyunjin chuckling and pecking Seungmin's lips time after time, until they finally got interrupted.

"Guys I got us a ta-", they both turned to watch Minho laughing at Chan's fallen chin, and Hyunjin almost burst into laughter as well, moving to have Seungmin in front of him and hugging his shoulders. "I am so fucking dumb."

"You are."

Chan let out a frustrated whine.

"How could I let this happen without noticing? How? It was so obvio- Hyunjin.", he suddenly became serious. "Fuck you."

"What did I do?"

"Claimed you were straight.", Chan crossed his arms and sighed, pretending to be disappointed. "I have lived with the fact that I have a straight friend for years now because I like you a lot, but knowing I could not have suffered that long, thinking that? Please, do have some respect."

Minho rolled his eyes.

"Let him be, we all knew he was not straight, now show us the table I'm hungry."

"Oh!", he seemed to forget his attack, but still grinned at how Hyunjin immediately interlocked his fingers with Seungmin's as they talked about moving to another place. "You'll never believe who I saw."

As soon as they got to the outdoors tables their eyes fell on two guys, in one of the corner tables. The shorter was clearly Changbin, his black hair and sharp chin under his hood. The guy in front of him was Felix, but they could only see that because they knew the knew the guy, it was definitely him.

"They look normal, do you think they're okay now?"

Hyunjin sat down and pulled Seungmin with him, immediately letting the younger cling to him.

"Maybe, Felix is talking a lot, probably explaining."

"Or trying to get on his good side again.", Hyunjin joked over Seungmin.

"Anyway.", Chan smiled as they sat down, orders being made by Minho. "Tell me, what the fuck did I miss and how the hell did this happen?"

His smile was creepy, but it made both of the guys laugh.

——➰——

I was so convinced I had already published a chapter today that I almost forgot to check🤡

Alexa play Mixtape 1 by Straykids.