13

[Chapter thirteen]

"The soul helps the body, and at certain moments raises it. It is the only bird that sustains its cage."
Victor Hugo- Les Misérables

——➰——

By the time the clock hit 7pm, Hyunjin was curled up in Sungmin's sofa with a huge headache and tired eyes. In his hands he had some of the sheets with the information they needed to get through, but he had been trying to read it over and over again for a whole hour and he hadn't even made it to the second paragraph.

Seungmin was on the floor, staring at a computer on top of the tea table, typing as fast as he could in desperation to end at least the first third do the project that day.

Hyunjin had noticed how sometimes he would bit his lip when he felt frustrated about it, how he wrinkled his nose when he disliked what he had wrote, and how he waved the paws of the hoodie in front of the computer from time to time, not knowing the taller was observing him, as a way to show the project how tired and mad he was, like a child throwing a tantrum.

All of that made Hyunjin smile like a crazy person.

"God, I can't do shit.", the younger exasperated, immediately turning around and letting his eyes widen as he realized he wasn't alone. "I-I mean-"

"So you can actually speak louder than a whisper.", Hyunjin chuckled, getting off his curled up position and letting his jacket fall of his shoulders. "And you curse? What a surprise."

Seungmin looked to the ground, playing with his paws and closing his eyes strongly.

"Sorry."

Hyunjin sighed at the whisper and got up, kneeling next to the boy the second after.

"I want you to stop apologizing to me."

"W-what?", Seungmin looked up, eyes narrowed.

"You did nothing wrong, so I never want to hear you apologize to me ever again. Okay?"

"W-what if I do something wron-"

"No apologies.", Hyunjin smiled. "At all."

Seungmin bit his lip, nodding.

"Okay."

"Great, now, how ab-", he shut up as his belly talked for him, interrupting whatever that sentence was going to be.

Seungmin laughed at the taller's red face, surprising both of them again, neither knowing how to behave all of a sudden. The younger felt his face redden as well, getting up and clearing his throat.

"Maybe we could take a break, a-and eat something."

"Yeah, sounds good."

Seungmin smiled and led him to the kitchen, getting things from around the counter and turning to him.

"So, not to brag or something, but I am an amazing cook, so what do you want me to do?"

Hyunjin was taken aback for a second, for the second time hearing his full toned voice, and in such a long sentence.

"Whatever you want to eat is okay, please, it's your house."

Seungmin seemed to think for a while.

"Kimchi and fried rice?"

Hyunjin chuckled, moving closer to observe.

"Sure, chef."

Seungmin started preparing the things he would need, only noticing Hyunjin's gaze after a while.