35

[Chapter Thirty Five]

"Revolutions are not born of chance but of necessity."

————

Monday was a difficult day to wake up to. Hyunjin had spent the previous weekend with Seungmin in his house. His dad was not letting the boy go back to the place he called home if he could avoid it and, even legally, he could, and he was dealing with it. His mom had been keeping an eye on them, always teasing him when they had any moment of skinship and playfully telling him maybe he should give up on girls and start dating boys, saying how wonderful Seungmin was and how they would be so cute together.

He didn't deny it, but he was sure she still thought of it as a joke. He also didn't have the patience to tell her it wasn't, but he knew he would have to, sooner or later.

Hyunjin had refused to let go of Seungmin's hand as the duo went into school, not caring about all the people around them. Seungmin had one of his hoodies on and his second uniform under it, which prevented everyone from seeing his name tag that also said Hyunjin. The shorter was aware of all the people looking at him, but he didn't care at that point, since he felt more than protected with their group, now.

At lunch time, Felix was the last one to arrive, a grin on his face as he teasingly looked between them both after settling between Changbin and Chan.

"Why is everyone saying you guys held hands today?"

Hyunjin shrugged.

"Because no one has a life in this school and acts like 5 year olds... since When is holding hands a motive to talk about us?"

Changbin chuckled and Jeongin furrowed his eyebrows, looking between the two.

"Are you sure?"

"We're always holding hands, Innie, I thought you had noticed already."

The younger hummed, leaning back but not completely letting go as Seungmin kept focusing on his food, hood on.

"Did you bring my nuggets?", Changbin suddenly spoke, looking at Felix with his shiny eyes.

The older face palmed.

"I forgot, sorry baby."

Changbin pouted and turned to his food again.

"Go get them."

"What?", Felix's chin fell and he looked around, everyone focused on them. "Are you se-"

"I am. Go get them."

"Babe, I-"

"Don't babe me. You owe a lot, now go get my nuggets, you mean bitch."

"Babe?", Hyunjin chuckled as he let his question linger in the air.

"God you- okay. Okay I'm going!", he got up and mumbled something, leaving the cafeteria to go on a funny trip to the corner shop again.

"Babe?", Minho repeated, as Changbin shrugged

"Surprise, motherfuckers."

Jisung got up and cleared his throat.

"I DONT LIKE HIM JISUNG WHAT ARE YOU SAYING I DONT-"

"OKAY I GOT IT PLEASE SIT DOWN.", Chnagbin pulled him by his arm, eyes widened as he whole table burst into laughter. "I got it, I lied. You don't need to be mean about it."

Jisung leaned over the table to ruffle his hair and winked.

"I know, Bin, it was just fun. Now you.", he points at Minho. "I want nuggets too."

The older rolled his eyes and kissed the shorter's temple, getting up immediately.

"Obedient, I like it.", Chan slightly slapped the youngest's head as everyone laughed at the comment.

"Hyunjin? Sweetie?", they all turned their head and smiled turned into frowns as Aera smiled at the guy. "We haven't hung out in so long."

"I am aware, yes."

"So...", she smiled harder. "What do you say-"

"Whatever it is, it's a no."

"But-"

"No.", he sighed. "I'm not palying little games anymore."

She stomped her foot and huffed.

"You changed, Hwang Hyunjin."

"Ever heard of settling down? You should try it.", he turned to his food again, catching a glimpse of Seungmin's scarlet painted cheeks and smiling. "Now fuck off, please."

"You hear him, go, bitch.", Jisung looked at her in disgust. "Before I destroy you for trying to sleep with my boyfriend."

She rolled her eyes.

"He would have loved it, either back on freshman year or now."

"The fact that he refused both times should say a lot, now fuck of."

Chan gave her a stern look, and she finally left, walking to her own table and shooting them glances as she talked to her friends, probably changing the whole story of how that co versatile went.

"Okay, one, she tried to sleep with Minho or Felix?"

Jisung scoffed.

"Both, but she traumatized Minho back in freshman year, almost made him do it with her in the bathroom."

The all looked at him, some shocked, some nodding, knowing the story.

"She is a bitch indeed.", Jeongin agreed, earning another slap. "I can curse, fuck off. Second thing, Hyunjin?", the older tilted his head. "Settling down? Who's the girl?"

"Oh my god, yes." Jisung turned on his place. "Who?"

Hyunjin burst into laughter with a few more boys from the table, his hand caressing Seungmin's under the table as he refused all questions and guesses.

——➰——

So skz just did that.

Poor grandpa...

Anyways, Alexa play 오늘 나는 불을 .

I'm running out of quotes and I o ly have one programmed for the final chapter and I still have 4 until then 🥲

This also means we are 5 chapters away from the end guys...