26

[Chapter Twenty Six]

"Promise me!"
"I promise you."
Victor Hugo- Les Misérables

——➰——

As soon as Seungmin opened the door he was engulfed in a hug, a strong, long hug. At first, he was surprised, even scared at the unusual touch, but as soon as his body recognized Hyunjin he giggled, hugging back even stronger as the latter closed the door with his foot, bag on the floor. Seungmin snuggled on his neck and sighed at the contact, felling that warmth he loved filling him. He heard Hyunjin sigh as well and giggled against his neck.

"That' a surprise, what got you so affectionate?"

Hyunjin shrugged.

"You took so long to let me touch you, I need to take all my opportunities now.", Hyunjin let his lips hover over his shoulder, almost kissing it as a reflex, but pulled back, pretending nothing had happened and smiling at the guy.

"I'm sorry, I take time to get comfortable.", the younger scratched his head.

"I know, don't worry, everyone works in their own way, I'm just glad you feel comfortable enough now."

"How about we focus on this project so we can finish it fast?", Seungmin cleared his throat, leading the taller to the living room.

"I hate school.", Hyunjin plopped onto the couch and opened his arms, Seungmin chuckling as he sat between the older's legs and rested his back against his chest, Hyunjin's hands immediately flying to hug him. "I'm tired, we could have a small nap.", he snuggled against his shoulder and felt that urge to kiss it again, or even his face, so close to his.

"Maybe...", Seungmin turned a bit, to be able to lay his head on the older's chest." Set an alarm though, I need to be awake before my dad gets home."

The older felt too tired to ask anything, and simply nodded, seating his alarm to six pm, hoping those three hours of sleep would compensate for the late hours he had spent trying to go through the book they had to read. The story wasn't bad, but there were so many words he didn't understand and the language was so expensive it hurt his eyes.

They got comfortable, ending up with Seungmin on top of Hyunjin, head against his neck and hand on his chest, totally turned to him, while the older hugged him closely and rested one of his hands on his neck as they slowly drifted to sleep.

——➰——

When the alarm finally went off, Seungmin had been awake for quite a while. He had stayed there, looking at the boy under him with a smile that could move mountains. And yet, everything hurt.

Specially his heart.

Hyunjin was straight, and he was nice to him, but there was no way he could ever give back the feelings Seungmin had managed to catch for him.

It was impossible not to, really.

The taller was one of the best people Seungmin had ever encountered in his life, he made him feel safe and scared at the same time, happy and sad and most of all, alive.

There was nothing else there, he gave him a reason to live.

But he also knew how bad that was, that his reason to live was going to step away if he ever found out of Seungmin's desire to be his.

It was that simple, actually. Seungmin wanted him. No one else.

He cleaned his throat as the taller moved in the couch, siting up and taking the other with him, ending up with a surprised Seungmin on his lap. He hugged him still and talked in his rusty voice.