4

[Chapter four]

"A garden to walk in and immensity to dream in--what more could he ask? A few flowers at his feet and above him the stars."
Victor Hugo- Les Misérables

——➰——

Tw/ Domestic Violence

Seungmin stepped carefully on the wooden floor, holding his breath, trying to balance his weight between both legs and praying not to hear a crack from the old, dark pieces under him. He could feel his sweaty hands holding onto the wall, his heart hammering on his chest as he tried to go past his father's room without being noticed.

Of course he failed.

He could only open his mouth, without much to say, before his arm was roughly grabbed and his body met the yellow wall.

"Why the fuck are you late?" Seungmin closed his eyes fiercely, feeling the first punch hit his stomach. He tried to curl into a ball but the man he called his dad pinned him to the ground, punching him again."I asked you a question you useless piece of shit!"

"S-sorry..."

His voice came out broken, another punch was thrown, this time at his face. His head hit the floor again, stronger than the first time, and a lonely tear fell down his cheek.

"That's not an answer.", his father growled and got up, looking at his hand and then back at Seungmin, with disgust. "I want dinner ready at 6pm or you're grounded. You hurt my hand, useless bitch."

He then left, closing his own bedroom door and sinking into the bed. Seungmin could hear a bottle fall and shatter, and that was the only thing that made him get up and run to his bedroom. If he came out again, annoyed because of the mess he had made, that would be the end for Seungmin.

The boy closed his door and locked it, letting his hurt body slide down next to the door. He breathed and breathed, slowly, trying to forget about the new pain in his face, head, and stomach. He knew new bruises were already forming, and there was nothing he could do about it. He stood there for a second, asking himself why was he was not crying, why was there no rage, or sadness in him anymore.

The only thing he could do was stare at the ceiling and wish there was a way out, out of the life he lived there. There was nothing in him but numbness.

After a while he managed to walk to his bathroom, striping out of his hoodie and uniform, while a bruise started forming on his face.

He sighed, suddenly annoyed.

The face was the only place he could not hide, an his teachers always gave him shit when he got to school with his face hurt. He had used the most weird stories to get out of it, and he didn't know how many times he would actually manage to. He already had his left eye bruised that day and he was lucky enough that no one besides the lady from the library noticed. His lip was open but finally healing and now he had his left check bruised as well.

Great.

He sighed and turned to the mirror, a light shiver running down his spine.

He hated mirrors.

Seungmin slowly reached for his torso, letting his hands run down his prominent bones, sticking out from his skin a bit too much to be healthy.

Was he not eating enough?

When had that happened?

He sighed and let his hand fall, sighing as he realized there was nothing he could do for the new bruises.

One was already appearing over the scar that laid across his right side on the torso, while the others were somewhere else between the old marks and bruises, not fully gone.

He wouldn't see them even when they were fully formed.

——➰——

Hyunjin walked into his house without turning on the lights, making his steps lighter and wishing his parents wouldn't wake up.

He ended up tripping on himself and falling with his face on the ground.

"Fuck.", he hissed, half of pain half of fear. He waited for a while, imagining how many days he would be without being able to use his phone after their parents found out, but no sound came. Nothing moved in the house.

He got up and stumbled upstairs, opening his parent's room to find the bed made and everything neatly on it's place.

His clouted brain took a few seconds to remember they were away, which made him burst into laughter at the spot.

He walked to his bedroom, throwing himself onto the bed without even bothering to take his clothes out, way to drunk to remember that anyway.

A voice deep in the back of his head told him he should shower and take pills since he had school the other day, but he couldn't quite process what was happening.

He looked at the book on his night stand, giggling as he took it in his hand, almost dropping it on his face.

His hands caressed the spine of the old book, his drunk self looking at it as if it was the most interesting thing in the world.

He opened it, clumsy, reading a part of the first chapter out loud and with a dramatic touch to it, moving his hands along as if he was doing some incredibly important speech.

His voice died down and he sat straight as he realized something had dropped from the book. He rubbed his eyes, opening the paper and staring at it for a few seconds, before his mind was able to put the message together.

I feel stupid doing this, but honestly, there's nothing to lose.

Hi! If you are reading this book you are most likely to have been forced by your teacher, I hope not. It's my favorite book, maybe because it is as messed up as my life, maybe I like the drama since my social life is boring, or maybe I'm just weird.

Anyway, I guess I'm hoping some magical dust comes from Neverland and makes this stupid idea of mine get me a friend, who knows...

I hope you like the book, stranger.

Minnie.

It was written in a careful and beautiful handwriting, signed with the most beautiful name drunk Hyunjin had ever heard or read. He found himself smiling at the note, before his arm dropped to the side, still holding on to it, as the boy drifted to sleep.

——➰——

Sorry about that, the plot is necessary, I hope you are liking this story and I hope I can finish writing it all before I publish chapter 10 so I can move on to the next one and vem-me faster giving you content <8

Alexa play Scream by Dreamcatcher.