8

[Chapter eight]

"Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise"
Victor Hugo- Les Misérables

"You need to let go of each other if we're going to play, Hyunjin.", Chan rolled his eyes as they sat on the floor, the girl that was previously eating his friend's face finally leaving to the other side of the room, as the guys sat down. Jeongin had arrived not long ago, asking them to play truth or dare with another group in the outside.

"Look what you did!", Hyunjin whined. "I don't even want to play, now she's gone."

"You'll get another in no time but you're going to play now."

"No, I'm not. I know you're all fond of it because Jeongin was the one asking you but don't drag me into the mess your whipped ass put you on."

Chan sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Please, Jin, just for a while. You're way too drunk to stay alone and we all know I really want to go.", the taller rolled his eyes, pretending to think.

"What would I get from this?"

"I'll challenge Felix to kiss Changbin so we can laugh at him melting."

"Hey!", the shorter tuned to them, horrified, while Hyunjin grinned.

"Deal."

"No, no. He's taken guys don't do this it will be hella weird, Jisung is already onto me."

Hyunjin patted his shoulder, leading him to the circle of people in the garden.

"No going back now, shorty."

They all walked closer to the circle, where everyone scoot closer to each other so that the four new players could sit. Minho, Chan and Changbin sat immediately, while Hyunjin took a little bit more time, his eyes stuck on the mysterious boy that sat there as well.

He seemed extremely uncomfortable, as if that was not his environment at all, which was obvious. He was wearing a simple pair of black ripped jeans and a black hoodie, the hood up in a failed attempt to cover the bruises in his face, as usual. Hyunjin wandered how his face was like, how his hair was like, up close, that hidden mess of red that he kept from the world. Hyunjin's stomach did a backflip as their eyes met and he made an effort to rip his away from Seungmin's, breathing heavily as he finally sat down.

"So, since you just got here, it seems only fair that you are the ones being challenged now, so, truth or dare, Chan?", the one talking grinned.

Hyunjin knew him well, Jae was pretty popular in town, and he had left school a few years ago, but still had that same fun, childish mind at times, which only made him an even more interesting character.

"Truth."

"Is it true that...", the older stopped as everyone leaned closer, creating suspense. "You have a thing for a younger guy?"

The guy rolled his eyes and nodded, without even thinking twice.

"Not fun, next."

Chan chuckled, pointing at Felix, while Changbin's heart started running inside his chest.

"Chan-"