22

[Chapter Twenty Two]

"What Is Love? I have met in the streets a very poor young man who was in love. His hat was old, his coat worn, the water passed through his shoes and the stars through his soul."
Victor Hugo- Les Misérables

————

Hyunjin approached the younger slowly, trying not to disturb him as he looked at the stars from their bedroom window. The taller had taken a bit of time to find him, and another few minutes to enter quietly and try not to freak out at how good Seungmin looked in those clothes. He could see the foundation was gone as the younger stared at the moonlight, his bruises covering the beautiful face Hyunjin had gotten used to.

Seungmin was the one to notice him, turning back with a small smile.

"You're back?"

"I told you I would.", he sighed. "You just didn't wait for me."

Seungmin turned back to the window.

"Sorry, I didn't want to keep you from having fun with her."

Hyunjin took a few seconds to think about what he meant, moving close to him and shakily touching his shoulder. He let a nervous breath as Seungmin leaned into the touch.

"I didn't want to be with them, I didn't even talk to them two minutes, but when I turned you were already gone."

Seungmin moved his hand to take Hyunjin's one and turned to face him.

"I'm sorry, I just feel like I am suddenly coming into your life randomly and I hate feeling this way."

Hyunjin brushed his bangs away from his eyes, feeling his chest tortured as the boy looked at him under the moonlight.

"Like what?"

"An intruder. You were just living your life and then got pity of me and-"

"No.", Hyunjin took a step closer, their faces at least than a palm away now, making the younger freeze. "I don't pity you, Seungmin, I genuinely like having you next to me."

The shorter let his head fall to the ground, a lonely tear falling.

"I'm sorry."

"You need to stop apologizing. I know this all happened too fast to process, but I like you more than people I've know for years, okay? You're a great friend, Seung, and I don't hang with you because I pity you."

Seungmin felt a hand on his chin and almost backed away, but his skin didn't tingle, that time, as if, for the first time in years, not even his nerves were expecting to be hit.

The taller made him face him and moved his hand to Seungmin's face, slowly and trying his hardest not scare him away.

"You mean too much to me."

"What do you mean?"

Seungmin chuckled.

"I try not to get attached to people because I don't want to get hurt at all, I try to be invisible, have no friends. I just try to not be someone."

"But you are, Seungmin, and we all love who you are. Our group will always be here for you, no matter what weird things happen. Okay?"

Seungmin nodded again and let his head fall on Hyunjin's shoulder, who intertwined their fingers again, wandering why he felt so breathless.

"My mom left me this book, it might sound stupid but I actually still remember most of it. Nights like this remind me of her and the book itself."

"Left you?", Hyunjin's breath became heavier as the shorter moved closer to him, nodding on his shoulder.

"She died when I was born."

"Oh. I-I'm so sorry."

"It's okay.", Seungmin shrugged. "I think I've forgiven myself already."

He hadn't.

And neither had his dad.

Hyunjin wanted to hug him, to let him fall asleep peacefully as he stroke his hair and to tell him it was not his fault, but ended up simply pulling him impossibly closer, still not actually hugging him, and placing a cast kiss on his head.

Seungmin hummed in satisfaction at the pressure and smiled at the night.

"What Is Love? I have met in the streets a very poor young man who was in love. His hat was old, his coat worn, the water passed through his shoes and the stars through his soul."

Hyunjin smiled as the moon heard the boy, outside.

"It sounds like a beautiful book."

——➰——

WE WON KINGDOM WE FUCKING WON I AM SO PROUD OF THEM PLEAS EI MIGHT CRY THIS ONE IS FOR YOU HYUNJIN

I am so crying

Yes it's a print but I don't feel like cropping it, SO HAPPY GLORY DAY AND CONGRATULATIONS STAY❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺