6

[Chapter six]

"To die for lack of love is horrible. The asphyxia of the soul."
Victor Hugo- Les Misérables

————

Hyunjin stepped into his first class with less of an headache, fortunately. He sat in the back, ignoring everyone except his friends, and even Minho was basically talking alone at some point.

His mind kept going back to the hurt boy, the way his eyes had widened and his body froze as he saw him. In fact, how both of them had froze.

There was something about him... yet Hyunjin couldn't quiet put his finger on it.

He sighed and opened his backpack, getting his things out as the teacher got into the classroom. His eyes scanned his belongings until they got stuck on the book again. He had read almost nothing at the library, unless reading that cursed note over and over again counted.

He shrugged his useless thoughts away.

It was a stupid idea.

Rolling his eyes at himself, Hyunjin reached for a pen, and a piece of paper carefully cut from his notebook.

Dear stranger,

You're right, I am being forced to read this book, I don't usually read, in fact, anything at all. My sister does, but I never got used to it, I guess. Why read when you can watch movies? I was going to watch the movie for this one as well, but maybe I'll make the effort, just because you asked.

Hyunjin laughed to himself, not even knowing why.

I'm sorry your life is boring, I'm sure you can make friends eventually, if not, I'll be your friend-

He bit his lip, shaking his head and turning that note into a paper ball. He groaned and stared at another paper.

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing."

Minho scoffed, grabbing the paper half written.

"A love letter?"

"Shut up!", Hyunjin hissed, taking it away from him. "It's not a love letter I just-"

His voice died down and Minho stared at him with his eyebrow lifted.

"You just?"

"God, you're so annoying, here. This was in the book I chose, I don't know, I just want to answer."

Minho read the note and a small smile appeared on his face.

"You're getting yourself a girl?"

"Can you only think of that? You don't even know if it's a girl, Minho!", Hyunjin shook his head in disbelief while ten other shrugged.

"Then don't get too attached to it, if you get all lovestruck and then it ends up being some boy I don't need you crying at my door."

Hyunjin rolled his eyes and dismissed him with a hand wave, focusing on writing an answer.

Dear stranger,