34

[Chapter Thirty Four]

"the small is great, the great is smal."
Victor Hugo- Les Misérables

————

Hyunjin woke up in the morning with the sound of a dor opening. He carefully unwrapped his arms from Seungmin, who slept like a rock on the taller's bed, and brushed his bangs away to take a look at the bruised face. The new marks were already forming but the cream they had applied last night made it look better than the other times. He gently kissed the shorter's forehead and left his room, stumbling to the kitchen and grabbing a glass of water.

"Nice to see you too."

He jumped and almost let the glass fall, his expression changing drastically between shock and happiness, before running to engulf his parents in a big hug.

"You're back early! You scared me!", he chuckled as the couple hugged him back.

"Didn't you hear us come in?"

Hyunjin let go and laughed.

"I have friends over, I thought it was one of them coming outside of the guest room."

As if planned, the guest's room door opened, revealing the ex couple playfully fighting, they smiled as they saw Hyunjin's parents, moving close to greet them.

"Is Changbin around as well?", his mom asked, receiving a no.

"Seungmin's over, though.", Chan elbowed Hyunjin, who rolled his eyes.

"Who's Seungmin?", his dad asked, as he moved behind his wife.

"New friend of ours.", Minho winked at the couple, who didn't understand.

"Wait, it's already 11, I'll go make us some food, how about that?", his dad smiled. "So, four of you, right? Hyunjin, help me get some things from the big cabinets since you were born tall as f-"

"No swearing.", Hyunjin's mom chuckled at the apologetic look her husband sent her and gestured the other boys to sit down.

The door to Hyunjin's room opened then, stopping them three on their tracks. Seungmin came out to the hall rubbing his eyes and yawning, completely swallowed by Hyunjin's shorts and huge hoodie. Minho immediatly bit his lip, looking between her widened eyes and the clueless guy.

"Morning.", he muttered, smiling as he looked up. His expression immediately fell as he saw the unknown women, and his body slightly trembled.

She walked towards him slowly, heart pounding at this boy's face.

"What happened to you, honey?"

Seungmin gulped, almost breaking at the tenderness in her voice. He saw Minho come closer from the corner of his eye, standing next to him.

She lifted her hand and tried to touch his face, and Seungmin wanted to let her, but his body reacted quicker and he winced, lifting his hands to protect himself. She backed immediately, her face twisting in comprehension and her chest burning.

"Mom?", Hyunjin and his dad entered the room, both freezing.

"If there something I despise is parents hurting their children.", she said, gritting her teeth.

Hyunjin's father put the plates they had gotten on the table, getting closer to both of them and gently patting his wife's shoulder. He reached out for the by as well but he stumbled back again, the woman immediately pulling the adult back.

"Don't. He doesn't want to be touched."

He nodded.

"I'm sorry, Seungmin?"

The boy nodded, his breathing getting heavier at the attention, his eyes wandered around the living room to find Hyunjin's, and the taller finally woke up.

"Seung...", he almost broke the plates by throwing them to the table, rushing to the boy next. His mom tried to grab his arm but Seungmin's eyes started watering and Hyunjin broke free, throwing himself at the boy and hugging him close in a matter of seconds.

Seungmin hugged back, tugging his shirt and burying his head on the taller's neck, letting his tears fall as the familiar warmth surrounded him, immediately calming him down.

"I'm sorry.", he whispered by the taller's ear.

"It's not your fault, stop apologizing."

Hyunjin's parents looked at each other before the woman cleared her throat, making the boys pull away only enough to look at her.

"I'm sorry, Seungmin. We didn't mean to scare you or anything."

"N-no it's okay I j-just..." he took a deep breath as Hyunjin intertwined their hands. "I am just not used to it. I'm sorry."

"There's nothing to be sorry for, though we will discuss this situation.", Seungmin didn't need to ask what the man was talking about, his bruises were everywhere. He nodded, and the couple moved to the kitchen, while Minho and Chan called Changbin in the guest room, to see if he wanted to join.

Hyunjin pulled Seungmin to the couch again, letting the shorter snuggle against him and kissing the top of his head before they both fell asleep again, tear stains on their faces but, for the first time, a string of hope for the future.

——➰——

Snif snif

I'm a sobbing.

Alexa play I Got U by Lucy.

Also I apologize for not posting yesterday, I was really tired and ended up completely forgetting.