28

[Chapter Twenty Eight]

"Be happy without picking flaws."
Victor Hugo- Les Misérables

————

In the morning, Seungmin was the first one to wake up, his brain immediately recalling what had happened last night, as the boy that held him whined at the slight movement. He held his breath, looking at the older's sleepy face as his eyes opened, a wave of silence falling upon them.

Seungmin bit his lip, praying to all gods that the taller didn't simply pretend it hadn't happened, or even hate him for it. His stomach curled and his heart sped up as the taller groaned, turning to the side and letting him go. He grabbed his phone under the younger's gaze and took the call Seungmin didn't even hear.

"What?", he asked, rudely, making the shorter slightly shake. "They what? Are you kidding me? Why?", Hyunjin turned to Seungmin to tell him something, but his eyes met Seungmin's half wet ones. "Seung- wait, I'll call you later. Bye.", he threw the phone away and rolled to the side again, taking Seungmin in his arms, the red haired breaking down in relief. "What's happening? Seung?"

"S-sorry, you just... god I thought you were mad at me."

Hyunjin's chin fell and he pulled the younger's head up by his chin.

"Why would you think that?"

"Hyunjin...", he half whispered, not wanting to have that conversation. "You're straight, at least you have always claimed to be. It would be normal in my mind for you to be mad or disgusted at me after... you know, yesterday.", he bit his lip and waited for an answer, a comment, anything.

"Seungmin... god why would you... okay yeah I always said so but I mean...", he caressed his cheek. "I don't know what the fuck I am, but you... god you, Seungmin." The taller leaned in to peck his forehead and they melted in each other's arms, Seungmin resting his head in the latter's chest. "You told me yourself, I don't need to ever find out."

Seungmin sniffed again, trying to hide his smile and changing the theme, climbing to his elbows, one on each side of Hyunjin, hovering over him from the side.

"Who was it on the phone?"

Hyunjin chuckled and kissed his bruised face sweetly.

"Changbin. Felix and Jisung broke up."

"They what?"

"Yep.", the taller popped the p, staring at Seungmin's shocked face. " I have no idea why, and honestly, I don't care right now.", he pulled Seungmin to him again and pecked his lips, finding all his courage to do so. The shorter giggled and cupped his face, kissing him sweetly for a short time.

"Let's get some breakfast?"

"Let's. I need to go home after, though."

Hyunjin nodded, suddenly serious.

"He tries anything, anything at all, and you call me. Understood?"

Seungmin smiled.

"Yes, sir."

——➰——

Minho teased him all the way to their classroom the next day, giggling and pocking him and almost screaming as they reached their group, Seungmin sitting on a table next to Jeongin, Jisung and Felix laughing next to them.

"Morning!", Jisung jumped to Minho's back and the taller chuckled, adjusting his arms so he was on his back. No one questioned, they had become incredibly close those last few weeks.

Seungmin smiled shyly at the taller's who returned the gesture. He saw the way Felix looked between them, before leaving to his side, giving him a small push.

Had Seungmin told him?

It was it just Felix being Felix?

It didn't matter anyway, Hyunjin quickly moved to the Manknaes side and got comfortable standing between Seungmin's legs, the younger's hands on his hair as he caressed his knee.

No one questioned that as well, except Jeongin's wide eyes as he was the only one to know how hard Seungmin was to let other people touch him.

"Chan is calling me.", he suddenly said, jumping of the table and eyeing the two again. "I'll get going."

"Me too.", Jisung jumped down and Minho leaned to kiss his temple. "I'll see you later."

"See you."

Felix giggled and pulled both of the guys with him, leaving the three alone.

"Okay, one, what the fuck?"

Minho shrugged.

"It just happened."

"Oh, wow.", Seungmin burst into laughter at the taller's comment. "How do you think Changbin is with their break up? I haven't seen him yet."

"I don't think he is coming. He said he's sick."

Hyunjin nodded.

"I see."

"I'll leave you two now, I have to go to the student's council deal with some shit for the dance team."

They said their goodbyes and the bell rang, making both Seungmin and Hyunjin jump in the empty classroom.

"We should go.", the younger pouted.

Hyunjin looked around, staring intensively at the door, as if laser eyeing it to lock it. He then turned to Seungmin, not letting him jump off the table.

"Are you okay? Did he do anything?"

The younger felt his heart melt.

"N-no. He wasn't home all weekend."

The long haired breathed out and pulled him into a hug, letting Seungmin's scent take him to another world.

"I'm glad, I can't see you getting any more hurt."

The shorter made him face him, giving the boy his biggest smile. Hyunjin leaned in and pecked his lips, feeling that almost familiar warmth fill him.

"We really need to go."

Hyunjin sighed and picked his backpack, nodding as they left the room.

"I'll see you after school?"

"Lunch?"

He face palmed.

"Right, I'll be there, just late. I need to go somewhere first."

"Okay.", Seugmin smiled again, finally parting ways and Hyunjin's heart skipped a beat.

He needed to tell someone that wasn't Minho, someone else.

That's why he ran to the library as soon as morning period was over.

——➰——
Early update because I want to share this with you and hear your opinions :)

So, thoughts? :) it's the next one I am publishing since Rescue Team was on hold when I started this one

Alexa play I am You by Straykids.