8: "The Results of Effort"

Minato walks back alone into the stadium, since he couldn't find Mina, and waited for the beginning of the final event, not giving much attention to the cheerleaders, when...

Present Mic:"(Surprised) Class A? Why!?"

Hearing the hero/announcer's reaction, Minato looks towards the entrance to see the girls from his class in cheerleader uniforms, blushing slightly at the sights of Momo and Mina.

Minato(Thought):"They look amazing in those."

As the girls felt bad for being fooled, Minato looked to the side, seeing Mineta and Kaminari with accomplished looks on their faces, Mineta's being mixed with one of perversion. Minato approaches the two boys, clearing his throat to get their attention. Looking behind them, the two boys immediately see their classmate, Kaminari becoming instantly terrified as Mineta keeps acting like his usual self, while Minato had an expressionless look on his face.

Kaminari:"M-minato!?"

Minato:"I assume you're the ones behind that little stunt with the girls?"

While Kaminari was too terrified to answer, Mineta stepped up, proudly.

Mineta:"That was all me, alright! No need to be envious, though. I can teach you, for a share of the view, of course."

As Mineta finishes, Minato kicks him in the gut, sending him flying until he hits the stadium wall. He then turns to Kaminari.

Minato:"Warn that moron that the next time he tries something like this again, I'll kill him."

Minato then leaves. Present Mic announces that the final event will be a series of one-on-one battles, tournament-style. Everyone gets excited after hearing that, as Midnight says that a boy from the team that got 5th place would also move on, due to one place remaining on the top 16. After the lots were drawn, Minato looked to see who would he and his friends fight.

Midoriya vs Shinso
Iida vs Hatsume
Ashido vs Amamiya
Bakugo vs Uraraka

Present Mic then announces Festival Games, that were optional for the students. Minato chose not to participate and instead went to the prep room to talk to Izuku, sitting beside him.

Minato:"Yo, Izuku!"

Izuku:"(Nervous) Minato-kun! What are you doing here?"

Minato:"Just came to see how you're doing, though it's pretty obvious you're not well."

Izuku:"That obvious, huh? I'm just trying to form a plan, but I don't know anything about..."

Minato:"Shinso? Makes sense. He's been pretty discrete, though his quirk isn't exactly noticeable to begin with."

Izuku:"(Confused) Huh? What do you mean, Minato-kun?"

Minato:"(Sigh) What I mean is that you can't answer anything he says. I never asked about his quirk, but, during the cavalry battle, I noticed that whenever someone tried to get close to us, Shinso would speak to them and they would just go away like that. A similar thing happened whenever we went to take points from another team. They would just stand there without defending themselves or trying to get them back. The only time it didn't happen was when Katsuki came for us, though that might have been because I asked him to let me take care of it. That's all I wanted to say."

Minato gets up and walks to the door, stopping in front of it.

Izuku:"Thanks for that. His quirk might be an hypnosis one. Though, with an amazing quirk like that, I'm surprised he isn't in hero course."

Minato:"Yeah. Just goes to show that even UA isn't perfect."

Minato then walks out the room and goes back to Class 1-A's stadium seats to watch the fight. He watched as Cementoss finished the arena for the fighting tournament. After it was done, Present Mic announced the first battle: Midoriya vs Shinso. As the two boys stepped into the arena, the rules were explained and battle began. Minato watched carefully as Shinso taunted Izuku, making him respond and activating his hypnosis quirk. Izuku then followed Shinso's order and started moving to the out-of-bounds zone, as Minato and the rest of the class got concerned.