27: "Confrontation and Confession"

While the provisional license exam was underway, a meeting was happening, between two symbols. In Tartarus, Toshinori was sitting looking, through a bulletproof glass, at his nemesis.

All For One:"So, tell me. Why have you come? Where's Gran Torino? Or are you on your own? I assume the costume is you way of clinging to lingering regrets? Or... don't tell me... you're still playing hero?"

Toshinori:"(Serious) You talk too much."

The conversation continues, with Toshinori interrogating All For One about several things, like Shigaraki's whereabouts, All For One's purpose and plans, not once getting a concrete answer, if he got one at all. The villain then starts to take guesses about how society has been changing since Toshinori's retirement, having fun, as the former hero starts getting nervous. All For One then aggravates his nemesis, as he blames Toshinori for it all, reminding him that he is now powerless to do anything. Toshinori takes a few deep breaths to calm himself down and asks one more question.

Toshinori:"(Serious) Why did you do all that to Young Amamiya?"

All For One:"What do you mean?"

Toshinori:"(Serious) Why make him go through all that suffering? And, more importantly, why create his quirk?"

All For One:"It was... a backup plan, you could say."

Toshinori looks at the villain in shock, as he continues.

All For One:"After you started becoming known as the greatest hero, the symbol of peace, I've felt my end could be coming, so I've decided to get a successor. Well, I say get, but that was only after taking in Tomura. Before that, my objective was to "make" a successor. For that purpose, I used several couples, giving them multiple powerful quirks, so that a immensely strong child was born. Then, I chose Tomura as my successor and a different plan emerged. I decided that Tomura would take my place and the children that proved themselves strong enough would serve as weapons to help him. However, too much time passed without finding anyone, until Minato was born. He showed power beyond my expectations. He carried the perfect mutation quirk. The quirk I desired to see, even making him look like a villain. I then made him go through all that in order to make him hate heroes and the society, that had abandoned him, leaving him to suffer, and made him eat human meat, so that he no longer saw himself as a person. Just to make sure he wouldn't keep idolizing heroes. However, it seems I failed there."

Toshinori listened to everything quietly, finding himself at a loss on what to say. He then asks a second question.

Toshinori:"(Nervous) You seemed to be happy that his quirk was a mutation-type. Why is that?"

All For One:"I assume that you don't know about my compatibility with mutation quirks. I noticed that when I took one of those, they became tranformation ones. At first, I thought it was only with me, but then I found out that when I gave them, they would remain as transformation quirks. I didn't make much of it, until I discovered that, when those quirks changed type, they also lost nearly a third of their power, both current and potential, so I decided to make a successor that would have a powerful mutation quirk. That way, by making them even more powerful with All For One, I could make a perfect villain."

Toshinori:"(Serious) Why are you telling me all that?"

All For One:"(Grinning) Consider it a reward. I never expected that boy would actually try to kill me. However, more surprising than that was that you were able to stop him without staining your hands with blood. So, for living up to your title, along with allowing me to live, so I could see Tomura achieve my dream, I've decided to let you have these pieces of info."

Time ran out, as Toshinori leaves the room, thinking on the information he got.

Meanwhile, Class A had arrived to the dorms, cleaning themselves and having dinner. Afterwards, everyone relaxes in the common area, with Minato catching up with everyone, apart from three certain people.