29: "The Past Repeats"

Mirio:"(Pointing at the building) This is Sir's agency."

The two boys look at the building. While Izuku had a look of awe, Minato had one of confusion, as he was still trying to fully understand what had happened. When he had heard Izuku was trying to have his work study be with All Might's former sidekick, Sir Nighteye, and that Mirio had accepted to work as the middleman, he wasn't surprised at all. What he was still trying to understand was why Mirio had requested that he came as well.

Minato:"Hey, Togata-senpai. Why did you want me to come? I mean, I noticed that your interest on the two of us during that battle, but why me? I think Izuku's style would fit Sir Nighteye's liking much better."

Mirio:"First of all, you two can call me Mirio. Second, while you may be right about your fighting style, that doesn't mean that you can't learn anything. Sir is a very observant person, just like you two. Plus, after I talked to him about you, he asked me to introduce you to him, Amamiya-kun."

Minato thought about what he had just been told, while Izuku became increasingly nervous about meeting All Might's sidekick. As they went in, Mirio informed the two about Sir's sense of humour, warning them to make him smile. As they enter Sir Nighteye's office, they are met with the sight of a blue-skinned woman, strapped to a tickling machine, as the hero, Sir Nighteye himself, was controlling said machine. The duo looks at the sight with an dumbfounded look, as Mirio explains what was going on. Sir Nighteye then looks at the new arrivals with an intense glare. As Minato simply looked back at the hero in the eyes, Izuku started getting increasingly nervous, until he decides to do his All Might impression. Seeing this, Minato facepalms, as Sir Nighteye becomes furious.

Sir Nighteye:"(Furious) Are you making fun of All Might!?"

The hero slowly approaches Izuku, as Minato starts preparing for the possibility of having to fight, until Sir Nighteye grabs Izuku's face, criticizing a few small details he had gotten wrong on his All Might impression. Afterwards, he tells Izuku to get out, only for Izuku to reply about how the face wasn't wrong. The argument quickly turned into a conversation about All Might. As they finish said conversation, Sir Nighteye sits at his desk. A discussion then starts, with Sir Nighteye adamantly refusing Izuku's application, while the teen simply stood, hearing him. Sir Nighteye then gives Izuku a chance to prove himself with a test. Minato and the other two walked outside, leaving the two alone in the room.

(Small timeskip brought to you by Chibi Izuku trying to get the stamp from Chibi Nighteye)

The three minutes had passed. As Minato and the others entered the office, they see Nighteye still standing in the same place, while Izuku lied on the floor behind him. Nighteye then announces Izuku had been accepted, much to the surprise of the boy. They then exchanged a few words in private before Izuku got up and stamped the form.

Sir Nighteye:"Only one more applicant to test. Mirio, Bubble Girl, could you tidy up the office while I speak with Amamiya?"

The duo nods, as Sir leaves, looking at Minato, like he was asking to follow him. The two walk into a waiting room of sorts, sitting and gesturing for Minato to do so as well. As the teen sits, he speaks.

Sir Nighteye:"(Serious) I assure you there is no reason for worries. I have asked about your past from Gran Torino. I can't possibly imagine what you have gone through. To think that you were able to withstand such mental and physical trauma. No one would have blamed you for hating heroes, but, even so, you still believed in us, despite everything."

Minato simply looked, as the man talked of his regrets.

Sir Nighteye:"(Serious) After Kamino, I have studied your case extensively. I saw what you did that night. How even when you had lost control, you were able to resist your mental state, focusing on fighting only the villain and how you worked hard to help save those people, saving even more than the pros themselves. That is what being a hero is. To do what others can't, even what seems impossible. All Might actually mentioned you before. He said you could be one of the greatest heroes in history and, after seeing you that night, I must agree. That is why I asked Mirio to bring you here. I would like you to join my agency during your work study. I want to help you become the hero All Might knows you can be. Will you accept?"