34: "Dreams and Reality"

There were only two days left until the school festival, as Minato decides to get up earlier and run a bit through town. A few hours later he enters a convenience store to get a drink, as he walks to the counter to pay for it, he sees a short young woman, about half his size, with long, reddish-pink hair, tied in pigtails, trying to get the attention of the clerk, due to being too short to put the shopping basket on the counter and the clerk having his earphones on. Minato chuckles at the sight and approaches the counter. He then grabs the woman's basket and puts it on the counter. The woman looks at him surprised, as he pays for everything, while the clerk bags it. As she was about to thank him, Minato grabs the bag and walks through the store's entrance, as the woman starts shouting.

"Hey! Those are mine!"

Minato:"Maybe so, but I paid for them."

The woman follows him outside, reprimanding him.

"You hoodlum! Do you think stealing from others is funny!? Just because I'm short doesn't mean I can't teach you a lesson!"

Minato:"First off, I payed, so I didn't steal anything. I don't really need these things. I just payed them to help you. They're yours."

The red-haired woman starts feeling embarrassed for the reprimand she gave him, until...

Minato:"If... (Smirking) you're able to take them from me. Might be hard with your size."

The woman's face gets red from anger.

"(Angry) Why you!"

She starts jumping around Minato, trying to take the bag from him, as he raises his arm above his head, ocasionally lowering it, to taunt her. This went on for about 15 minutes, until the woman was exhausted and couldn't continue. She falls to her knees, breathing heavily, looking to the ground in defeat. Seeing this, Minato sighs, before crouching by the woman. He then lowers the shopping bag above her head, letting her feel the weight of its contents.

Minato:"They're yours. Sorry about that. Guess I overdid it."

The woman takes the shopping bag, still looking at the ground, ashamed, as Minato hands it out to her.

Minato:"(Smiling) Long time no see, Manami-san. (Chuckling) Or do you still want me to call you Big Sis?"

She looks up, facing Minato.

Manami:"(Surprised) Minato-kun!?"

(Small timeskip brought to you by Chibi Minato messing with Chibi Manami)

The two were now in a café. Minato was taking a coffee, while Manami had a cup of tea.

Minato:"(Smiling) It's been a while, huh?"

Manami:"(Smiling) Yeah! Still... I can't believe how much you've grown in these last 4 years. You're so much taller than me now!"

Minato:"(Chuckling) I was already taller than you back then."

Manami puffs her cheeks with an angry look.

Manami:"(Pouting) Why you! That doesn't matter! And anyways... (Serious) What are you thinking!? Turning into a hoodlum who messes with people! You should study and work hard in school, so you can become a respectable man with a good job!"

Minato:"(Smiling) Even after 4 years, you still go all "big sister" on me. I'm actually kinda happy. There's no need to worry about my studies. I'm working real hard in school. I'm at UA's hero course."

Manami:"(Shocked) What!? UA!?"

Minato:"(Smiling) Yeah! I've made some friends after meeting you. They helped me and we got into UA together. It hasn't been easy since then, but I've made more friends and worked hard to surpass any obstacle... even my past. (Serious) Manami-san, you probably know of the Kamino incident, right?"