9: "Your Quirk"

After leaving the infirmary, Minato and Iida move to the stands while Izuku goes to the prep room to get ready for his fight. After the tie breaking match ended, with Kirishima moving on, the next match was announced. Izuku and Todoroki entered the arena, facing each other. Katsuki and Uraraka get to their seats to watch it as well. As the match begins, Todoroki sends a massive wave of ice towards Izuku, who destroys it using his Delaware Smash, breaking his finger in the process. Both repeat their previous actions two more times, causing the same result on both. In the stands, most of Class 1-A looks at Izuku with a somewhat pained looks, while his friends carry serious expressions.

Katsuki:"That moron is taking his time with it."

Uraraka:"What do you mean, Bakugo-kun?"

Minato:"Izuku is analyzing Todoroki, though, it isn't easy. He doesn't really have noticeable weaknesses. I can only think of a possible one and even then, It's no more than a possibility. I can't be certain of him having it, if any."

Kirishima:"But man, both Bakugo and Todoroki can fire off those crazy-strong attacks as much as they want..."

Katsuki:"As many as we want? Don't be an idiot. Strain your muscles and you'll tear them. Run too much and you'll be out of breath. (Looks at his hand) Quirks are still physical abilities. Even that guy's gotta have some sort of limit."

Minato:"Indeed. There is no quirk that can be used constantly. Even mutation ones, though they cause permanent changes on our bodies, are still bound by several factors, like a person's stamina, endurance, etc..."

Meanwhile, in the arena, Todoroki throws another wave of ice, only to be destroyed once more by Izuku. As Izuku staggers for a moment due to the pain, Todoroki closes in and tries to go for a direct attack, which Izuku dodges by jumping back. Todoroki takes advantage of Izuku's jump and sends a wave of ice directly at him. Seeing his leg starting to get encased in ice, Izuku throws a full-powered punch, sending a massive blast of air in Todoroki's direction, sending him almost out of bounds. After recovering, Todoroki shoots another wave, convinced of his win, when suddenly it is destroyed by Izuku, who shot another Delaware Smash with his already broken finger.

Todoroki:"Why go that far?"

Izuku:"You're shivering...Todoroki. Quirks are still physical abilities. You must have a limit to how much cold you can bear! But then... you could always use your left side to heat yourself, right? Everyone's... giving it their all. To win... to achieve their goals... to make it to the top! And you're gonna win with only half your power!? You still... haven't put a scratch on me! Come at me with everything you got!"

Todoroki then starts running, although a bit slower. In the seats, Minato and Katsuki notice it.

Minato:"I knew it. His weakness is temperature."

Iida:"How so, Amamiya-kun?"

Katsuki:"Whenever he uses his ice, his left side starts getting covered in frost. That slows him and weakens him. He could even get hypothermic if he goes over his limit. It's barely noticeable if he manages the usage of his quirk, but after using it this much, anyone would be able to see it."

Minato:"Yeah. But with his left side there would be no weakness. He could shoot as much ice as he liked. The fact that he doesn't use it is the real weakness."

Back in the arena, Izuku notices Todoroki's slower and runs to him, punching him in the gut, without breaking his arm, sending Todoroki backwards, near the out-of-bounds zone. Izuku starts running towards Todoroki, when he sends a small wave of ice that is destroyed once more by Izuku, leaving Todoroki staggered, as he moves towards him, headbutting Todoroki in the torso. As his opponent takes the hit, stumbling back, Izuku closes in again, punching him once more, again without breaking his arm. As Todoroki recovers from the blow, Izuku shouts, running towards him.