{Thirty One}

Ross ran downstairs and into the kitchen. Laura looked at him and continued making pancakes. "Are you still mad?" Ross asked. "Yes. But obviously not that much cause I made you pancakes." Laura says and hands him a plate.

Ross put the plate down and looked at her. "C'mon Laur. It wasn't that bad." Ross says. "I was soaked." Laura tells him. "I'll make it up to you." Ross says as Laura walks to the table. "I'm listening." Laura said as she put the plates on the table.

Mason was sitting at the table and he looked up. "Thanks Laur." Mason said. Laura nodded with a smile and then crossed her arms and looked at Ross. "After breakfast, we go for a soothing ride on Cocoa and Faith." Ross says, putting his hands on her waist.

Laura put her hands on his chest and smiled. "Fine." She says. Ross smiled and kissed her cheek. He went to run upstairs but Laura stopped him. "Wait!" Laura calls out and walks to the living room. Ross stops in the middle of the stairs and looks at her.

"This time you have to wait for 2 hours at the stables. And wear something casual. Oh and, I want you to surprise me with something when I get there." Laura tells him. Ross nods and goes to run back upstairs. "Ross!" Laura calls out.

Laura walks up to the stairs and looks at him. "I hate you." Laura says with smile and softly kisses his lips. "Hate you too." Ross replies and connects their lips again. "Go eat first." Laura tells him and Ross nods. "Oh, right!" Ross says and runs off.

Laura stood on the stairs and watched him run off. He's so amazing. I hope he never leaves. Laura thought to herself. "Laura? Earth to Laura!" Riker says. "Huh? Oh hey Riker." Laura says. "What's up with you?" Riker asked.

"Just thinking of Ross. He's just so kind and innocent. I love him!" Laura says with a big smile. "What did you just say?" Rikere says with his eyes wide. "Did I just say, I- I love Ross?!?" Laura says with a big smile. "This isn't good." Riker says.

"What are you talking about? This is amazing. I think I'm gonna tell him on our horse ride." Laura says and runs upstairs. "Oh my! This is not good!" Riker says and runs off.

.

.

.

Ross's POV

I got Faith from the stables and rode her off to the meadow. I actually wanted to make this more romantic, so I took her to the hidden barn. It's the first place me and Laura hung out alone. I just want this to be perfect. I need to see her smile before I tell her.

I set out a blanket and candles. I then set the basket in the middle and smile. I then take out some decorations from the basket and decorate the barn. Laura's gonna love this! She will totally smile. All of that took me about an hour and a half.

This is my surprise to her. "Alright Faith, let's go!" I say and gently kick her. She starts walking fast and I smile. "Good girl." I say. We get back and I ask for Cocoa. I take both of them in front of the stables and I wait for Laura.

-15 mins later-

"Hey you. Ready to go?" Laura asked me. "Yeah. Here's Faith." I say getting on Cocoa and she gets on Faith. We both gently kick them they start ro walk. I guide her to the hidden barn and she smiles. "Ooh! The hidden barn." She says.

I nod and take her hand. I guide her inside and she looks around. She looks at the floor, full of hay and a blanket. "Oh my! Ross, it's beautiful!" Laura says. "You like it?" I asked. "No, I love it! And since we are on the subject of love-" Laura starts.

"No!" I say putting my finger to her mouth. "Don't speak. Just- Kiss me!" I say. She nodded and basically jumped in my arms. I layed her down on the blanket and I slid my tongue into her mouth. Laying there, making out, best thing ever. We pulled away and I looked at her.

She gulped and sat up. "Ross, there's something I have to tell you." She says. I lean on my side and pick my head up. "What's wrong baby?" I asked. "Nothing. There's nothing wrong. I just wanted to say that- uh- I- uhm-" Laura starts. "Calm down." I say sitting up. I one hand on her back and the other on her leg.

"Just tell me. It's gonna be okay." I say. After she tells me what she has to say I will tell her. "I love you Ross." She says with a smile. "See I told you it would fi- Wait what?" I say. "I love you." She repeats. "I heard you the first time, stop saying it." I say as I stand up.

"Ross calm down. You don't love me back, I get it." She says. "What? Are you kidding? Of course I love you. I love you too Laura but-" I start. "But what?" She says with a sad face. I can't do it. "But nothing. This is the best news ever." I say and She smiles.

She wraps her arms around my neck giving me a hug. I hug her back and kiss her cheek. I fake smile and Faith gently hits the radio. A slow song comes on and Laura smiled. "Good girl." She says to Faith and looks at me.

She wraps her arms around my neck and I put my hands on her waist. We then start to just sway side to side. There's no way I'm telling her now. I can't tell her I'm leaving.

He's leaving! Oh no!

Never Give Up